• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Define 4.6 modular?

Ok guys I was reading in CVN a post asking for a denition for 4.6
    modular I have seen that the mustang have the same engine but what is
    the difference in a mustang 4.6 eng. to a Crown victoria 4.6 eng. and? can
    i install a mustang engine in a Crownvic and if is possible what other chan-
    ges I have to make?

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AMD PROUD MEMBER OF"GM.NET")
    :slug: :banana: :jumpin: :rock: :poop: :poop2: :coolbanana: :yousuck: :eat: :gats:
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

YEs, you can install a 99-up GT motor in your vic (Performance Improved) And will respond VERY well from mods, thats what I hear...

Im sure one of teh 4.6 guys will chime in as well..

:banana: :jumpin: :rock: :broccoli: :carrot:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

There are a few differences between the Mustang and Vic 4.6 engine: cams, exhaust, upper intake, oil pan, and related emissions parts. Nothing that can't be easily cured by swapping on the CV parts to the Mustang motor.

All of the changes you have to make will depend on the year of your car, the year of the motor your using, and how creative you want to get.

Ray
      Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
      Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

I think the "modular" term applies to the late model 32V 4.6L because its used in the '03 and up Marauder, Cobra, Mach 1, Aviator, possibly others with little difference other than the PCM.

But then again, I don't know :poop:
        Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Ray nailed it pretty good.

the only other things you would have to worry about are intake, battery placement, electric and ecm crap.

hey Ray, congrats on being a mod! sweet.

2000 HPP Mods
          15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
          9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

:evil: -Thank you folks i think my Panther will recieve more changes than i expect :evil: -JE,JE,JE,JE,JE,JE,JE,JE,JE,JEEEEEEEEE.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AND PROUD MEMBER OF"GM.NET")
            :gats: :thumbsup: :violin: :cyborg: :dunno: :ccol2:
            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Thanks BigJon. I'll do my best.
              Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
              Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Originally posted by HwyCruiser
                I think the "modular" term applies to the late model 32V 4.6L because its used in the '03 and up Marauder, Cobra, Mach 1, Aviator, possibly others with little difference other than the PCM.
                When the Mod motors were being developed, the intent was to have a basic design that was reapplied to more or less cylinders. The V-6 modular version never really materialized. The V-8 and V-10 versions have obviously worked well.

Comment

Working...
                X