Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMPATIBLE ROTORS/DISCS

!OK! I see 93 MARQUIS have mustang rims in his car¿the mustang
    rotors or discs will fit Crownvictoria I ask this cause my Panther is a 1993
    Crownvic. and what other mustang parts fit or are compatible with Crown
    victoria? Thank you for your time to read this.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AND PROUD MEMBER OF"GM.NET"
    :gats: :guns: :chainsaw: :rocket: :headbang: :flame: :laser:
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Not too sure, but I think you need spacers to make the stang wheels fit.

Also, slotted rotors are available I belive...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

So far, just the wheels (with spacers). The rotors, hubs, spindles, and calipers and different from the mustang. The calipers from 92-94 CV are the same as what is on a "Box" CV Police car and Lincoln Mark VII.

Just my .02 and then some.
      '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

Interesting info
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

As far as I know the Mustang and Vic rotors, calipers, etc. aren't interchangeable.

To use the 17" Mustang rims on the '93 cars will require 1/4" wheel spacers minimum. The spacers will most likely require longer wheel studs as well. MOROSO makes a 3" long wheel stud that I used on my car, but it requires a little modification of the hub.

If you do a '98-up front brake up-grade you can run the larger wheels without the need for wheel spacers.

Ray
          Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
          Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

93 Marquis:

Thanx for the info.

Comment

fyi

a buddy of mine put the marauder rims on his 92 cv and he needed 1/2" spacers. be sure to measure 2x's before placing the order for spacers. they can be pricey!

2000 HPP Mods
              15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
              9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

SNIPER 308

Originally posted by BigJon
                fyi

a buddy of mine put the marauder rims on his 92 cv and he needed 1/2" s :gats: :guns: :chainsaw: :rocket: :flame: :laser: :headbang: :headbang2: pacers. be sure to measure 2x's before placing the order for spacers. they can be pricey!
                !WHAT! ¿a Marauder rims in a 92 CV?
                I read once in a post that the Marauder rims doesn´t fit 92-97 CV´s how is
                that possible.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AND PROUD MEMBER OF"GM.NET")
                :gats: :guns: :chainsaw: :rocket: :flame: :laser: :headbang: :headbang2: :thumbsup:
                MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

The reason is I want to install sloted/vented rotors to my Panther
                  to achieve better braking power if you know how or where to get it
                  please let me know and of course pads too.

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AND PROUD MEMBER OF"CROWNVIC.NET")
                  :gats: :joy: :ccol2: :juggies:

Comment

Stick with normal rotors. Those other ones warp easy.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

FYI
                      If you plan on doing the '98 brake conversion, don't expect your old 15" wheels to fit again. The larger calipers and rotors are the soul reason why Ford went to 16" wheels and tires.

Just my .02 and then some.

Comment

You can get slotted or cross drilled rotors for your car sniper. Summit should still carry them. They are called power stop by autospecialty. I have them on mine along with the performance friction pads. Works very well but my hoses are turning to shit and I don't think aftermarket braided are available anymore.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Thank you P71 TOWNI iwas ordered the summit catalog but i have
                          not recieve yet,about the MARAUDER wheels can anybody tell me if is po-
                          ssible to put them in a 92-97 Crownvictoria?

ATT.SNIPER 308(PROUD OWNER OF"TACTICAL INTERCEPTOR"AND PROUD MEMBER OF"GMN"
                          :gats: :guns: :rocket: :nightrid:

Comment

one of my friends replaced all the rotors on his golf and he went with the slotted rotors. within 2 months, 3 of the rotors warped.
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                            X