• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbines are teh win

compared to those crappy hucaps...

heres a pic... mmmMMMMmmmm turbines...

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

tell em bout the tires, how u like em, etc...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I almost had a chance at cheap (or free) turbines... a guy my dad works with had an '83 GM LS, with turbines. He took those wheels off, put them on his trailer, and said we could take whatever we want before the salvage yard comes to take the car away

If I would have known earlier I would have paid him a hundred or two bucks for the whole car and drug it over to my house.

Oh well, live and learn.

I still got my seats Among other things

Comment

hmmm

err yeah that's weird no pic showing

SuperFord Profile
        Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
        -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
        -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
        -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
        Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

That's because there's a ? in the text, You'll have to link it.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.p...ullsize&f=.jpg

Comment

Re: Turbines are teh win

Originally posted by 85crownLX
            compared to those crappy hucaps...
            Are you talkin' about the aluminum wheel covers!!?!?!? That's what I have!

They they are kinda crappy. They actually look alright when CLEAN. But they make alot of racket. And the emblem center on two of mine came out. Not the cover that snaps in to cover the lock bolt, but the emblem inside of that snap in cover. One came off a long time ago, and one came off this summer while I was driving down the road. I happened to see it in my mirror, so I went back and got it. For some reason.

The chrome part still looks alright... but the maroon stuff is all... messed up. And the remaining ones on the car look that bad, too.

Comment

hmm

it worked before the crash just fine.. and on other phpbb boards as well

SuperFord Profile
              Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
              -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
              -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
              -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
              Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

Nic, I have the same ones on the 89. I took them off my 83. I put the 89's on the 75. So I can keep the 75's in good shape.

I just took all the centers off the hups, I lost one emblem off the newer plastic wire hubs, BTW those old ones aren't aluminum. Their too heavy.

That's right Grimor, I remember seeing that pic before.

Comment

Hmm... I guess I'll have to do the ol' magnet test. Mine aren't very heave... maybe part of it is aluminum.. and part of it isn't.

Blah whatever. Doesnt' really matter that much. I'll check anyway though

Comment

Looks bad

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
                      Looks bad
                      LOL... why not, "Looks good" like all your other posts?

Comment

ok they are better than showing a dirty wheel thats behind them
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah, they're stainless steel. Not aluminum.

Comment

Stainless, eh? Time the bust out the wheel and compound!!!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wish I could find a set.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
                              My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
                              33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
                              390ci with a little bigger cam
                              Holly 4 barrel with K&N
                              4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

Working...
                              X