Just ordered a superchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a superchip

Hey I just ordered my superchip lastnight and an Air intake. Does anyone know how much horsepower I will gain or the increase in gas mileage I will gain with one of these?
    1992 GrandMarquis LS
    The boat with the sound.

Superchip for a 92?

How? It isnt a mustang chip, is it?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nope I dont think so... on the SuperChip site there isnt any for the 92 listed but on the driversfx.com site there is. So I ordered it through canadian tire being I get a whopping 20% off there. They order it through keystone though. So Yeah I will find out then and let you guys know how its going.
      1992 GrandMarquis LS
      The boat with the sound.

Comment

Probably 6-10 rwhp...

Comment

Originally posted by danbraniff
          Hey I just ordered my superchip lastnight and an Air intake. Does anyone know how much horsepower I will gain or the increase in gas mileage I will gain with one of these?
          Depends on what else is on the car. Are you running a stock exhaust?
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I'll let you know how much mine makes with custom burned superchip...

Chip usually isn't worth the money unless you have a lot of work done. Usually better spent somewhere else, like throttle body, MAF, exhaust, gears...
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Stock Exhaust right now but soon to be probably 2.5" pipes straight from the cat.
              1992 GrandMarquis LS
              The boat with the sound.

Comment

A 2.5" Cat-Back is all well and good, but it's not gunna help if your headers still suck.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Of course, it will give you more than 0hp unlike anything that 2000 Marquis fucktard says...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Keep in mind, Most superchips require you use premium fuel because they modify the spark tables and increase the overall timing for more power.

what ever fuel economy you may gain will be offset by the cost of premium fuel.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

thats a good point.... but none the less.... You mentioned somehting about a throttle body. I know what it does but what would an upgraded one do?
                      1992 GrandMarquis LS
                      The boat with the sound.

Comment

a bigger throttle body would allow more air into the engine. on a mostly stock panther this mod would add a few horses in the higher rpm but would hurt low end torque.
                        2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

You know what. I got hte superchip today it costed me 320 but now all i have to do is find the computer to install it to. Does anybody know where it is in a 1992?
                          1992 GrandMarquis LS
                          The boat with the sound.

Comment

Look under the dash between the brake pedal arm and the kick panel and you'll see it about halfway up the firewall.

Ray
                            Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
                            Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Thanks
                              1992 GrandMarquis LS
                              The boat with the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X