Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hello all....
    I am new to the scene of these wonderful cars. I have done a bunch of work on my car, but mostly just maintainance-type stuff. I like the Marauder as well as the CV Sport model. I also like the box-bodies. To me these cars represent a simpler time, when it wasn't about "bling-bling" or 26" rims or how many stages of turbo...
    They are reliable, safe easy to find parts for cars and I hope to someday have a 300HP Panther(that is what they are called, I am told). I do not wish to put cop lights on my car, or spotlights or any of that stuff that I see on other sites.....
    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

You got a great start, my friend. Tell us more!

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Welcome. Got anything against turbo'd Panthers?
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Welcome!
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          You got a great start, my friend. Tell us more!

:stupid:
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

welcome! you found the right place man! no imitation cop cars here!
            my shop is box panther performance central
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

to GMN!!! Where are you located?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Interesting you should ask, I live in MA also...

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Of course I have nothing against turboed Panthers...just haven't seen any yet. I know that a lot of the Cobra guys are ditching their Eatons for the T.T. setup and making TONS more power/TQ. Right now I have a 1993 GM but I have a 96-98 Cobra motor from a Lincoln Mark VIII. I know it's not a Panther, but do you guys know a lot about the rotating assbly. from these motors? Is the crank forged? I bet the rods/pistons are not but I was just wondering about the crank. Probably wrong forum...
                Again thanks guys you all seem to be a great bunch of cats. Looking forward to corresponding with you all...

Comment

Close to Boston? I want to race someone when I fix my broken AOD. (I can't drive over 50 mph). Is the 4.6L DOHC motor in the '93 Grand Marquis?

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

DOHC swap? Interesting.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No the Cobra motor is not in the GM yet. I have the aluminum Teksid block that all the 03-04 Cobra guys drool over....however I have the "B" heads, not the more desireable "C" heads from the Mach 1/Marauder. I also know a guy who is doing cam/heads in his '01 GT and has made me an offer I can't refuse on the parts. So I guess I have my work cut out for me, and when I'm done I'll have two pretty nice motors, 1 SOHC with GT heads/cams, and 1 aluminum block DOHC.
                      I get to Boston from time to time, but as far as racing I hope you have some closed roads or something, because I really can't afford another ticket this year or I'll lose my license. There's a place in Worcester where you could get an AOD for only like $200...but it's from a junkyard. And they also deliver parts, too. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the number and you could call them.

Comment

Welcome! Sounds good, what oil pan are you going to run? I hear there are problems with our crossmembers and the oil pans on those things. Also you will have to mod you hvac and wiper box to make those work but I'm sure you know about that. I was planning on doing that but I think I will swap over a DOHC motor to my dads lse if he truly does give it to me one day.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                          Welcome! Sounds good, what oil pan are you going to run? I hear there are problems with our crossmembers and the oil pans on those things. Also you will have to mod you hvac and wiper box to make those work but I'm sure you know about that. I was planning on doing that but I think I will swap over a DOHC motor to my dads lse if he truly does give it to me one day.
                          Not sure exactly about the pan. I'm pretty sure the stock Lincoln won't fit. The Cobra one may/may not work. On SVTP I have seen a few different pans. I bet I'll end up just welding up my own pan using a couple spare ones. I'll just have to see. Also the EGR is on the other side, the fuel comes in from the other side, the airbox/battery is on the other side. There are quite a few thing to consider, IMRCs, knock sensor etc. But the Lincoln I believe comes with 24# injectors and the better fuel pump. Also it has the 4R70W, not AODE so maybe I'll end up using the MKVIII computer.
                          This swap is going to take a long time because the car is 50mi. away from where I live, plus I have a very limited budget.
                          Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Comment

There are a few two lane roads outside of Boston that go from stoplights to 50 mph rated speed limit highways. We could run heads up from there for fun, after I fix my broken AOD. (5.0L car Vs. 4.6L car!!!) Right now I'm only good for 0 to 50 mph.

5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
                              There are a few two lane roads outside of Boston that go from stoplights to 50 mph rated speed limit highways. We could run heads up from there for fun, after I fix my broken AOD. (5.0L car Vs. 4.6L car!!!) Right now I'm only good for 0 to 50 mph.
                              So we'll run the 1/8 mile...

That's about how long it takes me to get to 50...lol

J/K. My car has somewhat high mileage so if we race I have to take it easy.
                              Either way stoplight racing is a sure way to get caught, I'll have to see the area first, but I believe you.

Comment

Working...
                              X