X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this for 500?

Built 12/90

So what daya think?
    This should be in my driveway on July 1st.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

I would save your money and get a better foundation to build your project on. That box looks pretty beat up. It's got a busted window, and you don't have any clue as to how long it's been sitting there. In the very least, I'd get a CarFax on it. And offer $350 if you decide to get it. The highest I'd go is $375, maybe $400.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Really?? It even has a clean title! I actually saw the title. It has been there less than 3 weeks, as I was there last month and it wasent. BTW there are other boxes, not many, with some good parts.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Carfax on it...

Comment

The interior is horrible & the trim is some what beaten from the pics. Up here with some patience you can get a car in better condition than that practically given to you. You should just stalk an old couple and wait for pops or mom to croak. I don't know how obtainable boxes are down ther though.

Forgive my ignorence, but why is this considered a classic(in reference to panthers)

Comment

Last of the Boxes.

And it's 15 years old now. FL considers that a "Classic"

Comment

Ah, not in the midwest. 25yrs or older.

Not that I don't consider these classics.

Comment

The classics forum isnt for boxes :p

That car is a pos...200 is all Id pay...

-BoxMan

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

250 cash in hand.

Does it run?
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I dont think its in bad shape for $500. But as these guys say, boxes have nothing for resale value.
                    -Matt
                    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
                      I dont think its in bad shape for $500. But as these guys say, boxes have nothing for resale value.
                      Not necessarily. A box in excellent shape is worth $$$$ regardless of listed value. I'd rather pay $2500 for an older box than $2500 for, say an older BMW. Yes the Beemer may have excellent resale value, whereas the box does not. The box on the other hand has collectors appeal, among us anyway.

I'm assuming Brian isn't concerned about the running condition of the vehicle, as he is planning a 460/C6 swap, but that box is pretty beat up. He will already have to buy a new window. There's no telling how long the car has sat with the window busted. The interior could reek of mold, and the floorboards could have rot starting if any rain has gotten in and been allowed to sit. You never know. It's ultimately up to Brian, but I'd like to see him get something that may cost a little more, but will be a more solid vehicle. There's no telling what he is going to find in that car.
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Yes it runs but that matters not. The 460 is getting dropped into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul229
                          Not necessarily. A box in excellent shape is worth $$$$ regardless of listed value. I'd rather pay $2500 for an older box than $2500 for, say an older BMW. Yes the Beemer may have excellent resale value, whereas the box does not. The box on the other hand has collectors appeal, among us anyway.

I'm assuming Brian isn't concerned about the running condition of the vehicle, as he is planning a 460/C6 swap, but that box is pretty beat up. He will already have to buy a new window. There's no telling how long the car has sat with the window busted. The interior could reek of mold, and the floorboards could have rot starting if any rain has gotten in and been allowed to sit. You never know. It's ultimately up to Brian, but I'd like to see him get something that may cost a little more, but will be a more solid vehicle. There's no telling what he is going to find in that car.
                          Thus why he should find a cheaper better box, because they're is an abundance of better ones at the same price(body wise). Maybe not if you're looking for the gay dash era. Like the Buick Century dashes. Eck

It's probably not that bad. Like my pops alwas says, You never know if you've seen it in person. It goes both ways. I've seen some junkyard cars with some goodies and some beat up classics with no rust.

If you're still gather parts for the swap. You might come upon mint box that won't pass inspection or it needs mechanical work.

Comment

buy my '89 for $500.
                            LTD is still here

Comment

Locate a creampuff with a blown transmission if you're planning a drivetrain swap. Should be easy enough to find something with a blown up AOD.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X