It's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's done

Finally got around to putting in the extended tailshaft housing and AL driveshaft. Also got the 3.73's and Trac-Lok installed. The Vic feels great now :evil:

That is all move along
    -Michael

very cool! what rpm's are you running at 60 mph and 80 mph? i have 3.73's in my car and i will be getting a wide ratio aod installed soon
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

2000 at 60MPH
      2600 at 80MPH

It feels effotless to get this 4000# monster up to speed. Big difference over my open 2.73 :thumbsup: :headbang:
      -Michael

Comment

Cool I didn't know you were doing this. What did you have in there before, 3.55s like mine? I need a tach.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I had 2.73's <--- :drunk:
          -Michael

Comment

thanks man! wide ratio is in my future.......some thought that the cruising rpm's would bee too high.............they seem ok to me.........ok back to my hole to figure out what other 98-02 parts i can put on my towncar hehe
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah the RPM's aren't too bad. One of these days I'm going to get my chip re-burned so the shift points are a little better. Good luck with the AODW
              -Michael

Comment

I bow down to texasvic...

Did you do the install yourself? if so, AWESOME!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I swapped tailshaft housings and driveshafts - pretty easy - but I don't know shit about installing ring and pinion so I had to get that done. So far no noises coming from the rear. My speedo was 15 MPH off with the original speedo gear, now it's only 5 off. I gotta wait for the chip re-burn to get it exact..
                  -Michael

Comment

texasvic

nice job on your recent mods! i betcha it feels real good, huh!

2000 HPP Mods
                    15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                    9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Originally posted by BigJon
                      nice job on your recent mods! i betcha it feels real good, huh!
                      Thanks

and

Hell yeah the car feels great. Like I said it feels effortless when getting up to speed.
                      -Michael

Comment

i know my 3.55s feel good, i just wish i had trac loc.

oh well...

some year i may go to 4.10s/trac loc when i throw in some p-n-p heads.

isn't dreaming fun!

2000 HPP Mods
                        15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                        9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

I would love some Fox Lake PnP non PI heads and the ADTR header cat package

That reminds me

I went to my former highschool to test the track-loc. This is from a stop with no brake torquing. I didn't floor it (I'm scared of that damn plastic intake)

-Michael

Comment

if those aint a brakestand, those are NICE posi's from a stop!!!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

michael

nice pic!!!!! woo-hoo

2000 HPP Mods
                              15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                              9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Working...
                              X