superlinc lizard skin install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

superlinc lizard skin install

wanted to show you mangs the lizard skin that i have been applying to davids vehicles......it's neat stuff, superlinc is covered inside and out
    here are some pics of before and after, the entire interior with the exception of the dash was removed..........this stuff sprays on nice, cleans up with water, and is supposed to deaden sounds better than dynamat at half the cost
    enjoy! btw that is my girlfriend karen helping me in the one pic
    scott
    Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

oops the finished pics didnt fit in that post
    enjoy!
    Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

That is cool! When I first saw the title I thought it was getting a custom lizard skin interior.lol Does that stuff come in a can or do you spray it on with a gun?
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

does it dry or does it stay wet?

i just watched a few movies on Maybach and well... im kinda got prestiege on the mind.

Comment

another question, did you take the windshield out to remove the headliner?

Comment

For the headliner you only need to remove the aluminum rail that runs along its edge right behind the windshield, it's held by 3 or 4 spring clips, to get that out you'll need to loosen the top of the panels covering the A-pillars, and to do that you'll need to remove the handles above the doors - had to deal with all that on my Townie when installing the harness for the lighted vanity mirrors about a month or so ago, not too big of a PITA.

Comment

the lizard skin dries in a few hrs

Comment

Shit stinks, but it looks and works good! Dave is going to have one quiet Town Car...
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

It smells like latex house paint, but stronger. Its latex based so it makes sense. It can be sprayed or painted, and it does dry in a few hours.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How much weight does it add??
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

we drive some of the heaviest cars on the road, i think a better question is how much lower cockpit DB does the skin make

Comment

Wish I had the $$ to get the wagon done...no sound deadening in the rear.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I want to do the trunk on my car. Same reason, no sound deadning and the rust prevention aspect is more than a little appealing. The underside and wheel wells would also be nice to do but I'm really too lazy to gut the interior (again!) and spray it inside.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you have the factory slime and vibrate pads on the rear 1/4s of the inside of your trunk gadget dont you?

Comment

I was totally thinking about doing the trunk w/ paint on bedliner after I saw it on the shelf at autozone. Would love to be able to hose trunk out after repeated trips to the beach.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Working...
                              X