Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Harvester of Sorrow. Update 2/20/09, Rebirth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Harvester of Sorrow. Update 2/20/09, Rebirth??

This is where I will post updates, pics and other technical minushia on the BBF.

This is kinda like a BBF tech section!
    Last edited by RugerP97DC; 12-06-2006, 03:02 AM.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Dirty, but sexy. Is that even possible?
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I think I may have stuck it on the engine stand, sealed off the carb and exhaust ports, and blased the thing with degreaser and a pressure washer before even touching anything else on it. Any idea what kind of mileage was supposed to be on that motor?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you have stock in Edelbrock?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I just want to see if the "Power Package" actually works. But feel free to suggest alternatives!! Mileage could be in high 100's according to the guys at the yard. But that was based on the car odometer. They don't think that this was the car's original engine. So I wont know untill I get the heads off and look at the bores. And that wont happen until I can GET THE BOLTS BROKE LOOSE!!!! Looks like I'm gonna need a breaker bar. Them fuckerz are TIGHT!!!
          Last edited by RugerP97DC; 06-18-2006, 09:01 PM.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

that is one nasty engine, but I can see its potential
            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
              or get a new one?
              yes

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Lookin good! Have fun with it. Your car should be a killa
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Trash the cam. Looks like rust on the lobes, and no point using the stock camshaft if you want a real powerhouse motor. Besides, rust on the lobes will just trash the lifters and leave metal shavings all over the inside of the motor. Bad shit. Looks like the bearings had a decent amount of wear, but I don't see anything beyond just wear. No nasty grooves from contamination and the crank doesn't look marred up. Worst case scenario it will need to be turned and you'll have to run undersize bearings.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks good to me. Worn, but good for a rebuild! You can cut a LOT of meat out of those cylinder walls without hurting anything. I'd see what the shop says about honing/boring and get new pistons with a somewhat higher compression ratio. A little compression, a nice cam, and that thing will sound like NOTHING else.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Lookin good!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

trash the cam, get the crank checked and cut if needed, trash the lifters, trash the pistons......one looks like it has a hole in it......looks like a good core tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

10.25-10.75:1 is what I am shooting for.
                          Options on achieving that
                          Should I:

1. Get dome pisrons and bore it to 4.41 and put a 4.3 stroke crank into it.

2. Flat-tops and a 256cid Pro-Street Charger with stock lower-end.

3. Dishes and Twin Turbo. ()

4. Other

Heads are D3VE Block is D1VE.

Comment

keep it on pump gas, stroke it and spray it you're already going to have enough trouble getting exhaust ran for a 460, no need to add twin turbos to the mix

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Bottles are for babies. Real men get BLOWN!

Comment

Working...
                              X