corner lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corner lights

so, ive got those lights in the front side markers that are supposed to light up when you put the blinker on, only mie dont, and its not the bulbs, wtf else is with these things?my old caprice i used to have did the same shit, anyone have a wiring diagram???if i cant get em to work ill just slap in some yellow bulbs and make them into blinkers with some wiring magic, lol
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

The ditch lights that are forward of the front tires on the bottom there? I think there is a relay in the circuit, but unfortunately I don't know where it is. When I get home, I'll dig out my service manual and see if I can find it for you. Its probably the same as my 86.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

work that magic!!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yep, mine blow balls, lol, let me know whassup, as its due for a sticker soon and although it dosnt have to pass much here in mass, it needs to have all the lights workin
        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Usually its just a shitty ground because of corrosion. I think those ground through the body. My vics gave me trouble but I cleaned em and they work now.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The official Ford diagnosis for the turn signals working, but neither cornering lamp working is this:

bad turn signal switch
            blown fuse
            loose connections
            open wiring or poor ground.
            cornering lamp relay damaged.

Be fucked if I can find any other mention of this relay, where it is, or how the circuit works tho. The only other mention of the cornering lamp system is how to replace the bulb in it, which is kind of useless. Info must be in the EVTM, which I don't have. Fuse 1 controls the cornering lamp relays, but that also runs the brake lights, hazard lights, and cruise according to the book here.
            Last edited by gadget73; 06-20-2006, 11:25 PM.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

my 85 EVTM shows cornering lamp relays under the dash, near what looks like the acessory junction block, which shouldnt be far from the fuse box.
              They are side by side and appear round in shape, and if your colors match mine (good chance) they both will have a white wire w/pink stripe going to them, amung others.
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looks like ill be busy friday...need to wire these up right and...check my latest post, mwahahaha, another kit coming soon.....

Comment

Hey pete, are they by chance mounted center under the steering column and look like blinker stats? There are two round things in that spot on a TC that I think have those color wires going to them. I always wondered what those were for.

Comment

yea they are about that size too.
                    I just dont understand what they are needed for!!! silly engineers
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X