Window motor bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window motor bushings

I was over at napa today going through their racks of parts looking for the window motor bushings and my search turned up nada. I even asked someone at the parts counter and he looked at me like I had three heads.

Anybody know what size plastic tube/pipe I can buy to make the damn things myself? Im sure mine have crumbled to bits and I dont want to rip the doors apart without having what I need to fix it.
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

do they have a 'help' section??? I see them everywhere here. Ive gotten them form our napa or Fisher... they definitly have them in advance-zone store 'help' sections.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thats where I was looking. Im going to give another shop a try tomorrow.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

you can get them on ebay

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Even cheaper, and WILL NOT wear out... is to use three 1/4-20 nuts.... in place of the plastic bushings... or wood dowel material... (I think it is a 1/4 inch) Just clean out the old plastic pieces... drop in the nuts.. (or dowels) and grease it heavily!!! I have done this now on about 3-4 of my friends cars... no failures yet... Just be careful rolling up your windows when it gets to the top... it doesn't have as much "slip" as the plastic ones... (the three plastic pieces act as a "clutch" to keep from breaking the window when you roll it up tight!) Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Its something closer to 7/16" if you're gonna use a dowel. I was thinking of having aluminum rod stock cut down to size but never took a caliper to the proper nylon bushings to confirm the size. The nylon ones are a really tight fit and have to be mushed in there a bit to get the regulator together. I've rebuilt way to many of these stupid things. Considering it takes 15-20 years for the nylon to fail, durability isn't really a big concern with the original material.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72
              Even cheaper, and WILL NOT wear out... is to use three 1/4-20 nuts.... in place of the plastic bushings...
              true, the nuts wont wear out, but the plastic gears they rest in will. those gearsets cost more, lol.

you can get these on Ebay too mang, thats where I got mine.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ive been using 10mm nuts in mine. Ussually I put em in and the motor doesnt want to work then. Just my luck.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                X