cougar digi speedo help!!!! (UPDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cougar digi speedo help!!!! (UPDATED)

ok, i snagged a digi speedo from an 84-85 cougar, got the buttons for it as well, only thing is i cut the ribbon cable to get it out, still have like 6 inches of it, rest of the dash was smashed, looking on coolcats i see wire colors---for the wire plugs--but i dont have the plugs, just the speedo itself and the buttons that go with it, anyone know which ribbon cable wires are which?, the speedo looks like this:
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Hmm, no idea, maybe check tccoa or something?

I never considered one of those dashes. Hmm, it might just work in a Towncar and get the tach too! that would be the shit. Let us know how you make out with this, I'd be very interested in the tach/fuel guage setup to swap into my car.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That would kick all sorts of knight rider ass in a towncar.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

hell yeah - also I bet that style message center would be easier to hard wire into a box, since stuff is so well documented for it.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

more cougar digi speedo help!!!

i need to know what wires in that cable i need and which one is what, thats my problem, i had to cut that wire like 6 inches after where the arrow is, so now i need to know whats what...help!!! the speedo is from an 83 cougar, all i need is power ground, and speed input, however if you happen to know any others, itd help too
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

have you checked with the cougar guys yet?

PS - i merged your threads, to keep all the info together
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

im tryin no one knows yet

Comment

i've got mine pulled apart at home i'll post what each of the the ribbons do tomarow. now here's a question do you have the full digital cluster like pictured above or do you have the one with the digital speedo and anolog everything else? and if you have the full digital do you want the tripminder/message center to work? eather way i'll look at it all and tell you what it all doese tomarrow.
                sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

just the digi speedo

Comment

o.k. this is all you need to make the speedo work. starting at position #1 (far left as the picture shows) is the acc power. position #2 is battery power.position#3 is ground.position #4is blank. position#5 is speed in. position#6 is tone enable. then you will need to add the buttons to your car for english/metric.

Comment

kick ass raser, you are the man, now, where do i find the vss wire to tap into for my speed signal in my 1983 hoopty ride?i know its on the ecm, but, uh, where the hell is the ecm and what wire is it???

Comment

i mustve fried it somewhere along the way, it dosnt work, shitty, raser-when you gonna send me that tc digi speedo mang?

Comment

i just found a box the right size get a quote tomarow and need your adress. email me

Comment

check your pm

Comment

it's on it's way my friend. sorry about the huge delay i've had some personal stuff i had to clear up while i was trying to do this for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X