Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much?

I had my hoof up the other day and I could tell my paint was fading a lot faster than I thought. What used to be a little 'H' in the center of my hood now extends from one end to the other...

But Ive been looking into painting it... With chalkboard paint. nice big canvass if you think about it.

Eventually it might turn into something like this:
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Personally I like it. With those keystones it will pull it off nicely IMO.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Yea I like it, I'm just strange that way....
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

is the trunk bad too? it would give it the blues mobile effect
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Actually the trunk could use it too. I was thinking about it to balance out the look.

If I went the blues mobile route it would be black and white with the plate number BDR 529.
          -Matt

Comment

I think a black hood on a silver car looks good, but I would save up and get a full painjob like that. Maybe only do the center section of the hood in black.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Id only have to save enough for the rattle cans lol. I did another version with just the center section and something doesnt look right about it. I think its the massive depth of the header panel.
              -Matt

Comment

Go for it then, I think it looks kickass. It reminds me of like a Duster 340 with the matte black hood and hood script, Maybe you could stencil on "302 H.O." in silver or white.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Yes, just like the mopars!

Of course, I would do the entire car like that, but that's me...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Eventually it would be the whole car, but the paint on the sides is still in great shape its just the top surfaces the sun has killed.
                    -Matt

Comment

bedliner it

Comment

look at ym car i loved it when i did it just to fool around withthe hood u cant tell from this angle but the underside of the hood is all gold but i say go black on the hood u wont regret it but make it flat black no gloss
                        sigpic
                        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

hell.....Rhino Coat it...no more door dings, and very Hail and sun restant
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Eh, I don't like it.

And I don't know what kind of paint you're buying, but if it can turn a Merc into a Nissan, you best pick a different brand.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Roller paint it
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                              X