What axles swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What axles swap?

The guy who picked up the Mustang from me said he's getting a '96 GM next week and only wants the motor. He said I can take anything else I want from it, so I'm gonna get the suspension and brakes.
    However, would the whole axle swap? Are they the same width or at least close enough that I could simply swap axles instead of disassembling that one?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

I think they will swap, the suspension didn't change until 98 IIRC. All you really need it the brakes and backing plate...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i think its an inch wider.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I can deal with an inch wider- that would mean .5" more backspacing availability for wheels. I know all I need are the brakes and backing plates... but I'm gonna see what gears it has in it. If it has better gears or even a TL, I'm gonna swap the whole thing.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

If the car is ok, get the whole car.

Drop a 302 in it.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It's been T-boned. Not wasting my time with yet another project. Between the wagon and getting my Jeep back, I'll be plenty busy enough for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X