Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy...

The city of Cincinnati found this abandoned car, and I bought it:

Have to love what some people will throw away.

103k on the clock. Needs a little work here and there, but it will be fun to play with for awhile.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Nice. What did you give for that if you don't mind me asking? Looks very solid.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

$650

It is a very smooth running car. I'm not sure if OD is out or not, but the TV grommet was missing and the TV cable was wired up. I replaced the grommet, but haven't test drove it yet. I know 1-3 work fine, just keeping my fingers crossed reguarding OD.

Comment

Someone THREW AWAY a 5 liter mustang...

That runs...

MORONS!!!! Nice car, the colour matches your sexy merk!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm one jealous motherfucker right now
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I'm starting a green car collection...lol

I love people that know nothing about cars....it makes them cheaper for the rest of us.

Comment

shit, id love one of those, i keep trying to find one but theyre all way to expensive
              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Shit it needs some TLC but for $650 you stole it!
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I figured I couldn't beat it. Even if it had serious issues there were too many good parts to pass up.

Quick inspection found:
                  Broken left front coil spring
                  Broken right swaybar end link
                  Broken left rear tailpipe hanger

The rest of the under side looks good. Everything is in place and nothing's hacked up. Only other problems are cosmetic. (right headlight and corner light, missing dash trim under the steering column, and the driver's seat is broken at the pivot point)

The car looks to be totally stock. It's nearly impossible to find a Mustang, especially a 5.0, that hasn't been modded to some extent. I think even the plug wires are original...lol

Comment

Is the air cleaner baffle still in the rt fender? If it is, then it is a virgin.
                    '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

wow

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yep, the air silencer is still in the fender.....right where Mr. Ford put it.

Comment

Thats an awesome deal. Damn.
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Thats a hell of a deal for a stang, I've seen those in that condition sell for $2000-2500 easily.
                            Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                            2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                            Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                            Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Ray, just make sure it all legal. It might have been stolen from another state and dumped for some reason or another. Cincinnati probably doesn't do a Carfax search or anything.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X