Baby's new stereo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby's new stereo...

here are some pics of the stereo and the 6x9 dub speakers i installed. the radio is bolted in not snapped, and the speakers are bolted in thru the rear dash so that nobody can get them out unless they break them or unbolt them. i need to get some subs which i plan on doing a dubs set up in Baby to keep it all the same except the head unit since the dubs stereo i found was only a 45W x4 whereas this is a 52W x4. Vickie is getting a Sony set up in her. i plan on 2 12s in the lower are of the trunk and 2 or 3 8s on the shelf area where the spare is supposed to go. all wires are hidden and i have been asked if i used stock wires. i used 18 gauge wiring for all the speakers. i am also installing som speakers in the doors since there arent any. by the way, i didnt mean to catch my reflection when i was taking pics while i was standing on the trunk getting the rear speaker pics. i plan on getting 2 4 channel amps to power the subs when i get them.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Smokin's bad. Looks good tho!

You also look like one ripped motherfucker fromt he reflection, wish I looked like that!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i know, i know...i smoke. at least i will avoid those years in a wheelchair wearing a diaper. it is also cheaper to smoke cigarettes than to be on medication that i am supposed to be on. i am supposed to be on paxil for anxiety disorder.

Comment

i know the feelin, i smoke on occasion usually i get a twitch in my right arm every month, smoke a couple ciggs and it goes away, old injury and stress combine, and the ciggs mellow me out, and that dub shit is decent, considering they sell it at pep boys, youd never guess its all made by audiobahn and sounds awesome
        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic

by the way, i didnt mean to catch my reflection when i was taking pics while i was standing on the trunk getting the rear speaker pics.
          Yeah, sure - now my GF wants to know if you have a myspace account, and also if you're gonna be swinging towards the East Coast any time soon, lol

Edit: damn girl, forgot the main ide of that post cause of her - your speakers remind me of wheel spinners, not that it's a bad thing. Looks good!
          Last edited by ; 06-24-2006, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Is that the only way the radio installs in the dash? I just put a pioneer in the vic today and it is sunk in like that, I wish it was flush, but yeah like yours mine's not going anywhere. I had to ditch the premium sound also.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

My first deck in mine I just used the cage and mounted it right into the outer dash piece... it stuck out that way.
              My current one sits a little recessed in, but not as much as this one. I guess face plate thickness makes a difference
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

the farthest east i have been was cinncinnatti. and i dont have a myspace account. what kinda g/f would ask this?

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic
                  what kinda g/f would ask this?
                  One that's messing around with me, trying to make me mad for the sport of it - never works, but she keeps trying, lol It's just play, she wasn't really being serious about it.

Comment

well, i have 2 12 inch dubs subs, and won an auction on ebay for a component setup of
                    2- 5 1/4" dubs speakers
                    2- dubs swivel tweeters
                    2- crossovers by dubs

i won the auction on the 3rd, sent payment on the 5th and was told they were being sent monday. wednesday the 19th i was told i would receive a tracking number. i have not received the speakers, nor a tracking number. i am starting to get pissed. i filed a claim to ebay trust and safety department since this guy has his feedback private and cant be read. all i want are the damn speakers since the o.e speakers have fried voice coils since i installed the more powerful deck. i ahve emailed this guy, and nothing. sorry for venting, but, i needed to since i want my damn speakers.

Comment

That sucks man. Find the guy and rip his balls off. With vise grips. :evil:
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                      X