X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Swaybar/Poly Bushing Install

will update
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mercenvy; 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM.
    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Last edited by mercenvy; 07-10-2006, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
      LMAO....These cars understeer soooo much. Just increasing the rear wouldn't do THAT much. The rear is all I replaced on my 87, 89sedan, 89 wagon, my 03 protege (went from a 16mm to a 21.5mm adjustable) Not one of the cars oversteer dangerously. Except for the protege, all of them still understeer like pigs.
      Hey it's just a discaimer...I don't want some teenybopper with 2 days driving experience crashing out and blaming me. Apparently some people have crashed at high speed after ugrading just the rear bar.
      Boxes, wagons, and proteges are not exactly the same thing as an aero. Thanks for your opinion, though.

Comment

Or like that fucktard who armor-alled his tires (including the tread) and went driving in the rain, and crashed into a tree.

THAT is why we have disclaimers. Good writeup!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My car has a wee bit of oversteer.

-Michael

Comment

I was unable to find the proper rear bracket for my Addco bar, so I used a 3" exhaust clamp and it works well.
            Attached Files

Comment

when i added my 1" rear bar alone it got nothing but waaaayyy gooder :p
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Last edited by mercenvy; 07-10-2006, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the writeup. We can always use more tech info.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Last edited by mercenvy; 07-10-2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvic
                      My car has a wee bit of oversteer.

texasvic, what do mean? What size bar are you running?
                      I just had a thought...this almost seems suspension related, and there's already a suspension forum...:confused:

Comment

My addcos helped alot. My friend about shit himself when I let him drive the towny after the suspension upgrades. I can't wait to finish and put wider wheels on.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                          My addcos helped alot. My friend about shit himself when I let him drive the towny after the suspension upgrades. I can't wait to finish and put wider wheels on.
                          My budget is not huge so I didn't go with an aftermarket company. If I could afford ADDCOs I might, but a while ago some people broke some stuff. So Now that everything's all set, I have already aquired my bars and am happy enough. Once I start upgrading, we'll see if the factory stuff will cut the mustard. I bet I'll be giving them a call in the future...

Comment

Last edited by mercenvy; 07-10-2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

OK, I'll ignore you. Have fun hanging around in her by yourself. Just stop getting pissed when no one answers your threads. I was not being negative.

I also was not discrediting you...sway bars are a good upgrade, there are other things that you can do inexpensively to the cars.If the bars weren't, then we would't be putting the PI bars on all of our boxes. All I was saying is that in my opinion the front bar is a waste of time due to the amount of understeer built into these cars.

So here ya go...deleted...
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X