vacuum canisters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacuum canisters

I was messing with the cars tonight and noticed that the '91 GM vacuum canister was a plastic box rather than the tin can like the '88/'89's have. The plastic box looks a lot cleaner under the hood than a black soup can, so I thought I would just run to the yard tomorrow and grab a couple plastic ones. Problem I noticed is the length of the vac line. It is too short to reach the connector on the plastic box. Other than that, it seemed pretty clean cut. Any benefits to either one (plastic box or tin can) other than looks?

Plastic won't rust out, obviously - I replaced Angie's soup can with the plastic box off a '91 TC, looks a whole lot cleaner. Dunno how your vacuum lines go, but I managed to get the new thing right in the stock location, and the vacuum line fit just fine - here's a pic:
    Last edited by ; 06-27-2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Does the vac line come in the back or the side of that canister?

Comment

In the back (towards the firewall), you can see it in the pic coming from above the brake booster and going down between the master cylinder and the cruise servo.

Comment

you can make that vacuum line go any which way you want! but loose, of course.
          You might need some vacuum line adaptors if the hoses are different sizes - I bought an assortment pack of them
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I grabbed a couple plastic canisters from a '96-ish CV and GM. Will try to get them in later today.

Comment

Working...
            X