gear/gas mileage & other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear/gas mileage & other questions

What sort of gas mileage loss am I looking at if I switch from 3.55's to 3.73's? I haven't had the car long enough to go through a tank of gas so I don't know what I'm getting now but a round-about estimate would be nice.

Also, can someone suggest a decent intake system? exhaust?

it's a bone stock 99 CVPI if it matters. :o

You'll loose a couple mpg, depending on how much highway driving you do. A popular upgrade is a marauder box w/maf and a chip/tune to make it work right. A set of underdrives helps as well. Welcome aboard.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I get 14 in town and 19-20 highway with my 3.55's. Like P71towny said Marauder airbox, maf and tune is the best way to wake these things up. Has you intake been updated with the one with the aluminum crossover? If it is still the plastic one expect it to crack so at that time you can get a PI intake and that will help with some performance also. Exhaust you can order a shorty header package through ADTR (see banner at bottom of page) but it is a grand to get it.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
        I get 14 in town and 19-20 highway with my 3.55's. Like P71towny said Marauder airbox, maf and tune is the best way to wake these things up. Has you intake been updated with the one with the aluminum crossover? If it is still the plastic one expect it to crack so at that time you can get a PI intake and that will help with some performance also. Exhaust you can order a shorty header package through ADTR (see banner at bottom of page) but it is a grand to get it.
        the seller told me that the intake has already been updated.

Comment

Good. That is really the only major fault in these cars.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
            I get 20 around town with my 3.27's, 25-27 on the highway.

Silver Frost 02 Grand Marquis GS, 3.73 Trac-Loc,
            Dual Exhaust w/ FRPP Megs, MM Airbox & 80mm MAF, SCT XCallibrator 2 from BOC,CVPI Rear Facia,
            Pro Guard, Edelbrock IAS Shocks,Addco Sway bars

Comment

If you worry about gas mileage you are not having fun.
              -Michael

Comment

Working...
              X