Mounting and wiring tweeters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting and wiring tweeters?

Since the Merk I'm getting has premium sound, I'm curious about replacing the dash speakers with tweets and running 6 1/2s in the door like you normally would. How do I mount them so they'll stay secure and not move around? I've heard of people with supposedly identical cars needing different speaker depths, etc., etc. so I'm just going to mount tweets in the dash. Secondly, when I do the stereo, I'm going to pull most of the interior out so the wiring is totally inconspicous. What lines do the tweets get hooked to? I've never installed tweeters before so it's kind of new to me.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

most tweeters should come with what you need for a variety of mounting options, including adhesive pads to just stick them somewhere.
    You need some sort of crossover or bass blocker in-line to keep the low frequencies out of them.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

on the front pillars by the windshield in my car there is a single screw where you can mount the tweets. i would put a bass blocker in-line to them and put a comparable size spaker in the dash and door speakers.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

yep, thats about it
        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Do you wire them in line with the front speakers or do they have to be wired in seperately? I wired them in line with the door speakers in another car, but my door speakers weren't 6 1/2's like they are now.
          Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
          2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
          Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
          Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Working...
          X