Bucket Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket Seats

I have a question for those of you who have done bucket seat swaps into box bodys, will these seats fit on the stock rails? The base is flat but has a bulge in it.

-Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

the front bolt positions look a little off... and the rear too on the inboard side, to me, they look tweeked at an angle

Comment

Nitro, do you want to use the stock MGM power sliders? If so get rid of the manual sliders in these seats, then use some 3/16" thick steel flat rails from the hardware store to make yourself a new frame that will match the power sliders.

If you wanna go manual and completely remove the stock parts, just get some 90* aluminum angled bars from the hardware store, bend them to match the angle of the slider's mounting tabs, cut them to proper length, drill them so that one side matches the sliders, and the other the bolt-pattern on the floor, add some washers if necessary to lign them up correctly, and bolt them in. It should actually be easier to do this than to go my way with retaining the power features.

Comment

I only have one power seat as it is, the passenger side is a manual piece.

I was thinking about ripping off those seat rails and mounting the seats on my stock mercury rails, I just havent taken either apart before. Can you show me something in paint for each setup, Im having a hard time visualizing it.
        -Matt

Comment

I have pics of the top of our seat tracks with no seat on it, but supermotors doesnt seem to be working right now........
          hell - they are easy enough to take off. 4 10mm bolts is all that holds the seat to the track... slide the seat all the way up and back to acess them all. getting the huge ass seat out of the door is the hard part
          Last edited by 85crownHPP; 06-29-2006, 02:44 PM.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah, what he said. 4 bolts hold the track to the floor, 4 bolts hold the track to the seat. I pulled the seat and track as a complete part and seperated them once it was on the ground. Getting the seats out is a hassle. its just like moving furniature, gotte feed part of the seat out then "turn the corner" with it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had the whole seats out a few weeks ago when I was cleaning up the car, but I didnt really pay attention to the tracks on them. Ill have to pop them out and take another peak.
              -Matt

Comment

Working...
              X