Weekend project: sticky window need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend project: sticky window need help

Pass side window has finally driven me crazy. Planning on lubing the hell out of its components this weekend. My question: anyone have any advice or tricks to get the door panel off?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Look for all the bolts that hold it in place, some of them are kinda hidden in the carpetry of the panel. Remove the bezel around the dooe handle, there's a bolt under there (in TownCars at least). There might also be anothe bolt under the switch panel, there is in the rear doors, don't remember about fronts.

Comment

Is this as big a pain in the ass as I think it is? If so I may wait till I have replacement bushings.

Comment

Not too big of a deal, done my rears once, took one of the front ones off just to see what's under there For those bushings, I think you can replace them with some 5/16 or 7/16 nuts, you'll need 6 per motor - I'll have to doublecheck on the exact size, but it's been done and it works.

Comment

It wasn't too tough to pull off in my '88, but an extra set of hands (for re-alignment) couldn't hurt.
          You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

Comment

Is there some trick way to get the door handle free of the door mech? Cause it seems if I did that I wouldn't have to disconnect everything else.

Comment

Oh, do you mean the lock-sliders, or the pull-handle itself? The pull-handle you don't have to remove, once you get the bezel out the door panel will slide around it, but how to get the sliders I have no idea - in Towncars you just pull them out, but I think you guys had something different there.

Comment

Working...
              X