Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 18" wheels fit on my 1994 Grand Marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 18" wheels fit on my 1994 Grand Marquis?

I'm looking into a new set of Chrom 18" wheels wiht 245/45/18 tires, and am wondering if they would fit on my car without and problems. i.e. rubbing problems, turning problems, or anything else like that.
    matt

what are the specs of the wheel? I'm talking width, bolt pattern, and backspacing. You want to more than 8" wide (for the front at least, rear can go up to 10" if you want), 5x4.5 bolt pattern, and zero offset. Now I highly doubt you'll find an 18" wheel with zero offset, so you may need to use some spacers there - they run abou $60 a pair on ebay, and you'll want to put some new studs in them, just to be on the safe side. Post a link to the wheels you're considering and we can tell you more.

Comment

yaaaa

i already have the correct blot pattern and everything, the tire is 8" wide, and i believe that the backspacing is 20? if that is the right number, i'm not sure
      matt

Comment

You man the rim is 8" wide, not the tire, right? Yeah, that will fit fine. but the backspacing is not 20, the offset is, ideally you'd want zero, but i think on an 18" rim you can live happily with a +20 offset.

Comment

I'm not sure the difference between your '94 and my '03, but I'm running 18x8 wheels with 245/45's on mine. I don't have any problems.

Comment

Jumbo, the front suspension got redesigned in 2003, so your car uses different offset wheels than ours.

Comment

No it will not fit without a spacer. As far as tire size you are fine. You will need a 1" spacers for those wheels.

Comment

Blaze, the front ones are gonna hit the upper ball joints?

Comment

No. With 1" spacers it puts the inside of the wheel a mear 1/4" closer to the inside of the car from factory wheels. And only because the wheel is 1/2" wider. Plus with the 18" diameter wheels the wheel is going to be very far from the ball joints.

Comment

For my 95' Crown, I have 18 x 9 in front and 18 x 10 in the rear.
                    I have forgot the spacing on them, but had to use a 1/4" spacer for the front to clear the upper ball joint. Even after grinding some material away.
                    Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Working...
                    X