Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KY/IN/OH/IL/TN, etc... Track Rental 9-23-06!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KY/IN/OH/IL/TN, etc... Track Rental 9-23-06!

That's right. A local Mustang forum is once again renting out the local 1/8 mile track.

For those who have never been to a track rental, you'll be able to get more track passes than you ever could at a typical Test n' Tune night at the track. We'll have the track to ourselves for most of the day.

For those who have never taken their Panther down the track, this is your perfect opportunity since you'll get many, many runs to practice and learn.

Now the details.

When: Sept 23, 2006

Where: US 60, Hardinsburg, KY

Website.

Price: $10-15 car (That's a steal!)

From the Mustang forum:

We will have a full staff on hand, minus concession. We are wanting this to be mostly domestics but all makes and models are welcome to attend. We will be having mostly heads up racing/grudge matches. I will be checking with our sponsors to see if they are interested in providing a few trophies for maybe a 2V vs. 4V, Mod vs. Pushrod shootout and possibly a few other classes as well. We will also be checking with US 60 to see if we can stay for free for their regular program that night or if we have to pay the normal entrance fee.
    To the out-of-towners, I can recommend a hotel for those wanting to stay over the night before. We can all go out for dinner that night and the evening after a day of racing.

Those who have attended in the past have had a blast.

With the event several months away, this should allow all of us time to put this in our schedule. Let's have a large Panther turnout.

Please post in this thread who might be able to join me.
    The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
    The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
    The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

I'll try to be there!
    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
    95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Excellent. I am surprised that no one else is interested in seeing what their Vic/GM/TC can do at the track.

Of course, you also get to meet me. What else could you want in a meet?

j/k.

Seriously, where is everyone else?

Comment

Im interested but i would like more details. I live in cinainnati it will be about a 3 hour drive. What time is it scheduled for?
        Stock 91 Merc GM GS 5.0L EFI, AOD, 2.73 Open diff
        Current Best 1/4 Mile 17.175 = 165 RWHP 190 Engine HP
        http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15193

Comment

Track rental might be a no-go!

I just learned that the Mustang forum that is organizing the event is cancelling for reasons beyond their control.

They are scrambling to keep this thing scheduled as planned but I just wanted to issue an FYI.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

Working...
          X