Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcm programming

Hello all,
    I have a real problem here hope someone can direct me to some solution. Well ya see I bought a new PCM / ECU after several shops tryed but failed to find the problem with my 2000 G.M. But a couple said the PCM / ECU was the problem. After I got the new ECU I have discovered that it needs to be prgrammed before it will function. The service Dept that I purchased the ECU from failed to tell me this little detail.
    Can someone tell me where I can get the programing done. Any help plz. thanks all,
    and dont laugh too hard at me ok.
    99 Trans Am
    Comp cam/valve springs
    Hooker LT headers
    Corsa cat-back
    Ported throttle-body
    Granatelli MAF
    SLP lid
    Z06 tranny and clutch
    SLP short shifter
    18 and 19 inch black C6 Motorsports rims

2000 Grand Marquis...
    stock (Moms car)

My local Napa and Car quest can program ECUs check there...They offer free programing when you buy the ECU from them...Just talked to car quest...70 bucks ....Napa 50 bucks...Hope this helps...
    President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

My Ford dealer charges us $100.00 to program pcm's. I don't know how a parts store could do it. It has to be programmed to your keys as well, and unless these parts stores have a WDS or NGS scantool, they ain't gonna do eet. Furthermore, 2000 had one of the worst PCM programs of all the later panther years, and by letting the Ford/Linc/Merc dealer do it, you will get the latest version loaded, improving performance & mileage slightly in most cases.
      :worship: Aeros r00l.

Comment

Originally posted by BMFer
        My Ford dealer charges us $100.00 to program pcm's. I don't know how a parts store could do it. It has to be programmed to your keys as well, and unless these parts stores have a WDS or NGS scantool, they ain't gonna do eet. Furthermore, 2000 had one of the worst PCM programs of all the later panther years, and by letting the Ford/Linc/Merc dealer do it, you will get the latest version loaded, improving performance & mileage slightly in most cases.
        You major parts houses have got the means to program ecms..I have several GM an Ford....Just had a Dodge caravan reprogramed...You also get the latest software upgrades...There are some that need to go back to the dealer but it is getting few and far between........Cars Not Just for The Dealer Any More

The gov is stepping in to try and stop the big three from having you have to go back to the dealer to get stuff like this done...Not trying to be a smartass...Just is not my first Rodeo....
        President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

Working...
        X