2 grand of sweet revenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 grand of sweet revenge.

Ok.. im looking into a p71.. i got a friend of mine asking around the dpt for all the specifics.. im going to wind up having to go bid on one.. but ima have the heads up.. and whats good and whats not good and not going to buy a pos. BUT... im thinking incase that idea falls threw. I got 2 grand to put into my vic.. and i have a goal.. beating a 95 ThunderBird supercoupe with his stupid supercarhegd v6.... beat my stang last time.. v6.. and thinks hes hot shit.. and that my vic.. is a grandpa car.

I got a stock 5.0 89 crown vic and 2grand to throw in it.... Will i be able to completely destroy him so bad that he didnt even have a chance? 2 grand people.. what should i do... heads, cams, pistons, headers, eaxahust... i was leaning more towards all engine work with headers.. but leaving the exahust for another time. iw ant the most HP i can get out of 2 grand... whos got ideas
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

The best thing you can so is either buy a mustang or mark 7 H.O. engine and thrown on duals, which you will get the most HP with that.

Or do the H.O. conversion to the stock 5.0, which consits of E7 heads larger throttle body, I believe higher psi injectors. The only disadvantage to the H.O. conversion to the stock 5.0 is you get 40 to 50 HP gain.

Using a mustang or mark 7 engine with it's ECM you get 225 with duals. Also for with the duals get some free flowing mufflers such as Dynomax, Ravins, Magnaflows etc... Headers will also help increase hp by about 10 to 30 horses.

After you do engine mods you also could always throw in a 5-speed manual tranny that would help give you an advantage in a race.

Comment

To be able to obliterate him may take more than 2 grand. An Explorer motor with a cam & spring change and a carb conversion will get you on your way. Gears and exhaust are going to be a must. With all of that, it may take a small nitrous shot to boot.

Comment

True NOS can be useful if the right amounts are used. But exhaust is a must for any H.O. motor.

Comment

Get a set of Air Flow Research heads, and put em on an HO engine with true dual exhaust and a shift kit in the trans. You would do some damage. Chage the cam, even better. But really, you need more than $2000.

Comment

Tom was telling me that i could get around 280hp out with low15s high 14s 1.4 time with my 2 grand, and he also said to buy a old 5.0 HO... saw one on ebay... 215hp... 500bux....... thats already a big increasne.. and ill still have about 1500 $$ left over
            -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

Like i said, get ahold of scott, the master of the HO lol
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

his away message has been on since you gave me his sn.

4 Door Muscle
                Supermotors

Comment

For the same $500 you can get an Explorer motor with GT-40 heads and a GT-40 style intake. The GT-40 heads alone are worth 30HP over E7 heads with no other changes.

Comment

You can find a really good P71 if you want one. Just look and wait. I thought I was going to get a box or a aero gm but then I saw my vic. It is a 2000 P71 with 83,xxx on it . It has nothing wrong with it and I only paid $2,700 for it. It doesn't need paint or anything.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

SWEET!!! nice deal.. my friend got one for 4,600 $$, only 36,000 miles on it. ti was a 98... he just hit 100,000 the other day. Im really am going to wake... like i said i got one of my cop buddies workin on getting a hold of one of his contacts at the pd disposal dept... and hes gonna let me know where and when.. im goign to have tod bid on it... but if i know when they are.. and how much before hand.. thats less work for me.. and i have a better chance of getting one.. and i think ill be able to see it before i go bid on it... sooo ill have the heads bup... he said i would be able to get one for under 3 grand.... prob one with around 100,000 on it.. but hey... nothing wrong witht that.. its a ford,

4 Door Muscle
                      Supermotors

Comment

Working...
                      X