Something 'bout a Mercury(MEGA DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something 'bout a Mercury(MEGA DUW)

Here's some pics of the '88 Grand Marquis I bought. The car rides nice, the AOD shifts like it should, the AC blows cold, and the sunroof works. The dashpad isn't even cracked. The interior does need some work, as the headliner has a tear and is sagging a little. The rear interior trim piece for the coach roof needs to be redone, and the top piece of the sunshade also needs to be redone. I will need to recover the drivers seat at some point as the leather is torn, but that's no big deal. The previous owner bypassed the premium sound and ran his own speaker wires, so that's a plus. There is rust in a couple areas, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Nice car, but i HATE those coach roofs...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Good deal man, it looks great.
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Could be the lighting but I'd say that's "Smoke" instead of "Oxford White"...Weird color combo, never seen one like it before. Looks like a nice car man...congrats!
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure it's oxford white. Look in the 1st pic up on the left front where the sun is hitting it.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

The sun has a tendency to make things brighter than they are...
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Looks really good mang! Ya swap out those seats and you are good to go.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks good. Too stock I think but I feel a need to modify everything.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I've decided to keep the leather. It's really comfortable. The only major mechanical issue is that there is an oil leak. I don't know yet whether it's my VC gaskets or something else. I do know it's coming from the middle area of the engine. I might luck out and have it simply be a bad oil plug. The car is indeed Oxford white in color. The car was parked in the shade and the flash was off, hence the off looking white in the photos. Like I mentioned the tranny shifts as it's supposed to. Fluid is nice and pink. Thanks for the compliments guys!

Comment

awesome man!!!!!!!!! thats sunroof!!!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Both front seats are powered too. So far for the interior, it just looks like I need a new lower seat cover for the driver seat, a new headliner, a new top piece for my sunshade, a new steering wheel and that piece that hides the coach roof. I need a new power antenna, and that's it electrically right now.

For mods I'm going to keep it simple. I'm going to install my Tripminder. I just need a new harness for that. I'm going to throw on a set of factory duals with Flowmaster 50's. I'm probably going to throw on the rear swaybar off Grey. And a couple oddball things here and there. I might recruit Pete to build me one of those center consoles at some point.

Comment

That wheel might clean up with some degreaser. If you do VC gaskets, put the perma-drys in. Don't forget the PCV screen and grommet!
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

how about a hybrid towncar digital speedo cluster to go with that????
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                            how about a hybrid towncar digital speedo cluster to go with that????
                            No thanks. I think I'm going to install blue LEDs though in the cluster.

I also found my oil leak. The front plug is leaking. Just to err on the side of caution when I do my oil change Sunday, I'm going to replace both gaskets and both plugs. I'd rather not do it twice, lol.

Comment

Nice car. I never knew they made GMs with the sunroof. I like it.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X