Lowering spring kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering spring kit!

Well not exactly a kit, but all the parts needed for the cit. This is for 91 and back Vics, GMs, and TCs (Note TownCars are a little heavier, so the results may differ.

Keep in mind that the springs in your car now may be sagging.

The spring rate for each spring are the last few digits in the Item#.
    The front springs avaivlable here!
    The rear springs avaivlable here!

These are both factory style, so no modifications are need to install these. It is a simple replacement with no hidden requirments.

To drop the front about 1" use the 925lb/in front springs.
    To drop the rear about 1" use the 175lb/in rear springs.

It's that simple. For your 1" drop. Since these are the lowest they offer, that is the lowest you can go with such simple procedures.

One thing to note, with these shorter springs re-installing them is a sinch! So do-it-yourselfers, have at it. You will not need a spring compressor tool to install any of these springs. You may need one to remove your old ones, but not to re-install the new ones. Also, I did not need to use any tools to remove my rear springs. I jacked the rear in the air, disconnected the shocks, and then just pushed up on the spring with my hands to get them out. I did have PI (16" 175lb/in springs) so those with civilian may need to compress theirs a little more.
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 04-02-2007, 10:42 PM.

My lowering front springs are still for sale, if someone is interested, they arey are 1050 spring rate (might be variable though, cause they don't ride too harsh), and when installed in a TownCar they make for a ride height of 7.75" messured between the road and the frame behind the front wheels. That is about 1" lowering too, only cheaper than Blazes's springs, and MAYBE a little better riding too. Springs are now off the car, and they'll stay off most likely cause I really want a higher front end.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if VF would look good lowered an inch from the factory ride height.
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Need before and after pics of all 4 installed...
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Nothing changed when I installed the rear springs. I didn't go with the 175 rear springs, I went with 225. So the previous before and after pics are still good.

Comment

Why don't you say it will work for 92+ cars? It is basically the same suspension, hell I use cargo coils that are made for a colony park. Obviously it won't work for 03+s though.
            Last edited by zwack88; 07-05-2006, 12:26 AM.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You got different rears, thats why I said all 4 you suggested.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                My lowering front springs are still for sale, if someone is interested, they arey are 1050 spring rate (might be variable though, cause they don't ride too harsh), and when installed in a TownCar they make for a ride height of 7.75" messured between the road and the frame behind the front wheels. That is about 1" lowering too, only cheaper than Blazes's springs, and MAYBE a little better riding too. Springs are now off the car, and they'll stay off most likely cause I really want a higher front end.

Unless the coils get wound tighter together at one end, they are not variable. And I'm not talking about the flat end...As for the ride, the cars stock springs are kept very very soft to appease the blue/grey hairs that are the main market for the panther chassis car.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

MrLTD, the springs are then straight rate - coils are equidistant along the whole length of the spring. The lack of harshness in their ride may also be contributed to the shocks, I run the stock ones, and the ones that would keep up with my springs have extra heavy valving - that oughta change the ride.

Comment

I want fairly close to stock rate, maybe a bit higher, but at or slightly below stock height. I have TRW replacement springs for 98-02 cars now, and its higher than I'd like. Its also a little stiff, but oddly it doesn't feel much different on the fender-push test than MrLTD's car. I probably ought to find the part number thats installed and see exactly what the specs are.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What size tires are you running on there?

I have 225/70's on my car with 8" wide wheels and it rubs on the inner fenders. I dont think Im hitting the lip of the fender itself yet though.
                      -Matt
                      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I'm running 245/60/R15 on 8.5" wheels in the front and 255/60/R15 on 8.5" wheels in the back. My wheels all have a 3-3/4" BS so they stick out that extra 1". And only my front driver side rubs ever so little, but it's stopped now. About a 1/16" interference and all in the tred. However I did also roll my inside lip a little with a hammer.

But with tires that are 26" to 27" in diameter rubbing should not be an issue on any 8", 0 offset (4"bs) wheels.

Comment

I don't like lowered cars. I like lots of grond clearance.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                          X