Headers are in!! DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers are in!! DUW

As promised I took some pics of the new headers I put in last week, I also have some pics of the car cleaned up a bit. I'm off work this week so I'm gonna spend my time cleaning up some rust under the hood and some more wires/hoses and making it look even cleaner. Then I'm painting it and the car will be done after a converter, set of wheels, and a set of gears for a while until I figure out what kinda motor and trans I'm building for it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Isn't that the '79 front cap?
    Looks great- what brand headers are they?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

That car looks sweet man! All you need are some tight wheels and it will be set!

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
        Isn't that the '79 front cap?
        Looks great- what brand headers are they?

79 front cap? do you mean the header panel? Thats the stock 85 one if so.

The headers are Summit's new mustang shorties. They go for $125 a pair, they also have ceramic coated ones. I got chrome plated ones. They fit like shit cause you cant get a wrench or socket on a few of the bolts. Also the driver's side exits close to the trans so you need to grind down the flange for the h pipe to get it to clear. I guess you get what you pay for.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Lookin' great, mang!

This is why I nominated you for POTM, look at that engine bay!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Looks good. What kind of wire spreaders are those? Thats exactly what I want for my car. The ones I have on there now are garbage.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow, NICE!!
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

mmmmmmmmm i like i like
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                  Looks good. What kind of wire spreaders are those? Thats exactly what I want for my car. The ones I have on there now are garbage.

I got em from summit, they are R&M billet wire looms. They got them in different colors too.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294924930

Comment

Looks very good! I wish i could hear that thing, I bet it sounds wicked.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Is there anyway you can get a sound clip? I'd just like to know how loud it is without tail pipes?

Comment

On further inspection, +1 for doing it right and gutting all the old EFI wiring. Looks much cleaner once all that mess is out of there.

And thanks for the link!
                        Last edited by gadget73; 07-05-2006, 08:59 PM.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Dumb question. I'm assuming those mount to the valve cover, but where?
                          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Its sounds pretty sick, drones quite a bit on the freeway but, oh well I'm gonna finish it off with SLP Loud Mouth 1 or 2's (havent heard how loud the originals are yet) soon with impy SS tails and some nice tips.

My digi cam has a video feature on it I think, but I have no clue how to work it or even upload it online, I'm gonna ask my sis if she knows cause I want to make some vids anyway. Right now its pretty loud, I'm sure tails would quite it down a lil, but it would move the sound from under the car, cause right now I can barely hear my radio while driving.

I have to find something to patch that hole in the firewall before I take out the old computor, That will be the last part of the old CFI system still on the car. When I rebuild my other motor, I want to pull everything out and try to smooth out the firewall and get rid of that huge a/c condensor thingie while still keeping the heater core and all the vacuum lines on it.

The loom does mount to the valve cover, in the first pic you can kinda see it. the bracket uses the front and middle valve cover bolts, They also give you spacers if you want to raise up the loom higher if you have clearence issues.

Comment

www.Photobucket.com allows you to upload videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X