Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring?

After just reading a post, i know i need to replace my ALT along with it's wiring But are there any other issues with the 85 crown vic that i should know? I hate wiring.... Any how, thanks in Advanced,

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

like any old car, the connectors tend to get corroded and cuase problems.
    you could go through the engine bay and disconnect all of them, clean and inspect.
    If they are real bad, they will fall apart and will have all kinds of battery-terminal-corrosion-looking corrosion in them.

I replaced a lot of my harnesses with good shape virgin ones from the junkyard
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Cool, Well for the past few hours ive been running a little test on my batt, And im not sure im doing this right. at 7:24 my batt had a charge of 13.10

At 8:14 it had a charge of 12.98
      8:54 11.26

And just a min ago at 9:24 i did the reading agine and it was @ 13.06 EH?

Am i doing something wrong here? in the am im going to try and find some numbers onmy alt. i know they said they had a new one put on and, i see some wires with "Fuses" on them on my selonode switch. So i dunno.

Can any one make anything out of this?

Thanks
      Dark/
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

You really can't determine much with the battery condition by checking the charge with a voltmeter and the engine not running. Batteries need to be load tested to see if they are good, and the voltage readings have to be taken with the engine running to see if the alternator has any output.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool, well i tested it agine. and it didnt have a big load on it or anything but it was staying around 14.26 - 14.34 it took me a whille though before i could get a good reading.

But im still on the lookout for a new Alt.

And staying on subject can any one tell me how my windows are supposed to be wired? the only one that works is the drivers. :-/ eh.. Woldent bother me as bad but my Lady Friend wont drive with me due to this....

Any how Thanks guys
          Dark

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
            And staying on subject can any one tell me how my windows are supposed to be wired? the only one that works is the drivers. :-/ eh.. Woldent bother me as bad but my Lady Friend wont drive with me due to this....
            At least she has a legit excuse, my ex wouldn't get near the Townie just cause it's a "Ford POS" Stupid bitch... What's up with your windows though, they don't wanna move at all or what? You may wanna start by pulling the switches from the doors and cleaning the contacts nicely, it may actually be as simple as that.

Comment

Will umm a can of electrical cleaner do the trick or is that just for starters? the passengers will not roll up or down even with me trying to do it with my hand's, the two in the back will slide up with my hands but thats it. o and they make a sound when i turn the switch., Any help ill love,

Nah my woman likes ford's She like's old chevy's for umm Humm Suped up Muscule car's due to a part off of a 60's will go onto a 70's :-> but any how. Yea she just dosent like the fact that i dont have a muffler and she cant let her window down )

Comment

Well i dont belive it's my switch, i cleaned it good. but i put the volt meeter to it and it didnt do anything. From what i was told it was wired to a battery at one time. But i dont see a Batt. and i dont see any wires for it. Guess thats what happens when you afro enginer evreything.

Also Staying on subject about wires. any one know how i can fix my lighter. i need it to have fire due to my cell phone :-/

Thanks agine
                Dark.

Comment

Hold the horses there boy, are you telling us the car didn't initially come with power windows? At that point it would be pretty hard for any of us to tell how your wiring goes, as it could have been done in 1500 different ways. The rear motors spinning probably means the bushings in their gearboxes are shot, replacements can be found for about $5 per set in the "Help" section of your local AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts.

Comment

No the car came with power windows what im saying is. the young dummy that owned it before me cliped wires in order to hook up his crappy sound system ) And some of thoose wires where as i see. the passenger window. The little key thing that makes the ding sound. the umm/ clock. actualy one must have been a wire to all of the windows due to drivers use to roll down with the key off. And humm I think something to the carb. due to it shooting some gas out now when u turn the key on but not the engine...? Eh? So what i was saying is that the passenger window dosent have any fire going to it. and im not sure i know how to make it hot... :-(

Thanks agine.

O yea that means im not gonna be able to have tunes untill i can get to a ellectrical shop. But this window thing surley dosent need to go there..?

Thanks,
                    Dark.

Comment

Start looking for cut wires, and splice them back together if you can determine where it was cut. If you have no voltage at the motor on the passenger side, and have tested it when moving both the switch on the driver's and passenger side, I would inspect the wiring bundle coming into the door for cut wires, and right in the kick panel to make sure stuff wasn't cut and spliced. You'd Also want to check the wiring on the driver's door since all the windows run through that control panel.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Humm, allrighty Gadget ill do that first thing... when i get off work :-> dern rat's nest in there though )

Comment

could your friend have install (or tried to install) a keyless entry/alarm system????

some controll the windows too... dang you've got a mess on your hands if thats the case!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Umm, i dont know, i dont really know the guy... But i guess it could be a possibility. Would pic's help?And if so where of?

Comment

Pics!

Where the radio was. maybey some one might see a wire there familure with? Eh worth a shot at least.

In the pass. door heres somthing i didnt know what was a plug of some sort.

More wires? in the door

And another Plug?

Under the switch Prob a bad shot though.

This thing has a drill like thing comeing out of it......? wth is it anyways?

More wires i didnt see out of the ordanery.. but some one else might see something i hope.

Heres all the wires i pulled. all off the stero. all of which wernt hooked up besides one blue wire which was hot.... Erga... Well maybey i can use them to splice into something at least. :->

And i dont know what it's called but that plug thing is there 2! )

Well maybey someone can make something out of this, ( Im hoping you guys can ) I know i didnt see any more striped wires. but they got to be there some where right?I hope. Any how. Thanks agine And hope the pics help. Soo sory guys on 56k

Thanks.
                              Dark

Comment

Working...
                              X