X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new dream mod list

goddamn, you people think of more stuff lol,

motor first

a beefed up 351- i need reccomendations on cams, heads, carb, fuel deliverery, the works. i changed my mind and i'm gonna run a carb, only because it will look cleaner without all the wiring for the efi setup

driveline- saving up for a wide ratio built aod. and probably a 2500 stall torque converter. prob going to convert to an aluminum driveshaft out of a tc

big brake conversion front and back to make the lx sport rims fit

and now duces control arm mod.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

im wondering if a TC driveshaft is the same length..

I know the trans isnt...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it was mentioned that a tc driveshaft would fit..

scott? where are you,lol

Comment

There is a seemingly infinate choice of combos. You need to decide first your budget, then your performance goals within this budget. You need to decide if you want the motor to idle at 600rpm's, if you want to be able to spank a Cobra Mustang or something in between if it is within your budget.

Comment

basically, the engine is going to be a sorta long project as its my first engine build and it will probably be just me doing it. plus, taking my time will allow me to stretch my finances for better parts. my goal is to make shifty a street monster(daily driver tho) with occasional runs down a track. so i'm probably looking for about 375-400horses. i'm gonna be getting a wide ratio aod, and i already have 3.55's(trac-loc) in the back so for the most part, the driveline is all set

clearance won't nescarilly be an issue either for the carb as i plan on getting a 2" cowl grafted onto the hood. i also want it to sound a beast too, so i'm debating between dual flowmaster 40's or those flowtech warlock mufflers. nh does visual testing on emissions components so i have to have cats and mufflers present(but nobody says there has to be anything in said cats )

Comment

reward for a box towncar aluminum shaft in good shape
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
              reward for a box towncar aluminum shaft in good shape
              scott
              pardon my stupidity,lol but what did you say? my brain is bit screwy as i'm working on 35 hours no sleep.

Comment

bounty on all aluminum shafts!
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ah, i see. my brain be fugged up :coocoo: :coocoo:

Comment

Working...
                  X