es poly rear bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

es poly rear bushings

are available for the 92-97 cars, they however wont work on the 79-91 rear arms,but good news is the 92-97 arms appear to be the same dimensions, but they use different bushings the part # for the 92-97 rear bushings is 4.3151g for black, 4.3151r for red.........anybody wanna be the guinea pig?
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Which arms are different, the lowers or the upper or both?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

if you swap those arms, the OG swaybar holes are no more!!!! I guess they could be drilled in.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'm gonna do it, if money is available soon. If I can make it to Scottfest we can pull 92-97 control arms (or the whole axle like we talked yesterday), and I'll go from there.

Comment

You could use an Addco bar, tho. Don't newer PIs still come with sway bars?
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yeah, they do, but their frames are reinforced on the top where the endlinks connect I think.

Comment

Full poly arms aren't that great of an idea....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Why not?

Comment

The bushings don't flex as much. Usually you can get away with it if you don't box the arms. If you box the arms and put stiff bushings in there, there ends up being no give which is gonna make something fail eventually. I'm debating doing poly on the lower arms on the frame end just so I don't have to deal with pressing the bushings in/out. I do already have the new rubber bushings tho.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Poly's all around cause more bind and more bind means less travel and a higher "wheel rate" Makes the car less predictable and can cause an accident and/or failure of the suspension.

If you look at the design of the GOOD aftermarket mustang control arms, they have poly on one end and a spherical bearing or hiem joint on the other so that the suspension can still articulate without binding. The one company actualy uses a 3 piece poly bushing so that it can move even more.

Comment

I wonder how much bs it would be to make our own rear control arms in that style, heim joint at one end and poly at the other. I would still like to do a panhard bar on one of these, would keep the ass end planted a lot more solidly.

Comment

cheap and easy....stock car tie rod shafts and hiem joints, get the correct legnth rod and toss some hiems on it.

Comment

But are they gonna be strong enough to withstand harsh road beating of a fully loaded Panther? Also where can those parts be found?

Comment

yep...

speedway motors or should be available from any speed shop...common stuff.

Comment

That's an interesting idea, I'll have to check it out... seeing how I'll most likely be working for TRW again soon, so there'll be hoists and welding equipment available

Comment

Working...
                              X