Keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless entry

Anyone know if it would be possible to put one of they's keypad things in a GM. If it is possible it would take a ton of work i'm sure but is there any huge problems that might be encountered. The main problem i can think of is getting the parts from a junker and then needing the code. Is there a way to reset the code? If anyone has this on their TC any info would be great, do they work good, how many digits is the code, anything.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

As in how difficult it would be to install I have no idea. But from the few ford cars with the keyless entry they are a 5 digit code and if you look in the trunk look for a sticker with 5 digits on it, the sticker is usually on the bars that support the trunk while lifted. Or on the bottom side of the trunk lid.
    Resident diesel addict

Comment

I believe there is a sticker on the computer too. Do a search on CVN, I know its been dicussed on there.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I looked around on cvn but couldn't find much about it... at least for older boxes. Next time i'm at the junk yard i will try to pull the parts for it and give it a try.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

All the info I have is for newer cars, since mine has one. That said, the code is supposedly listed on the computer. I thought that might be too much trouble to get to (they didn't know the code when I bought the car), so I just messed around with it one morning, and found out the code in about 3 minutes. With only 5 buttons and five numbers in the sequence, it's not hard to figure out. I don't like that at all.

*EDIT*
          I think it'd be cheaper, easier, and more secure to install an alarm with built in keyless entry.
          Last edited by ; 07-15-2006, 02:36 AM.

Comment

JC whitney sells a unit with 2 fobs you put on your key ring, has a trunk open button also, which works great and it all can be wired inside the drivers door on the 92+ vics, I would assume the boxes have the trunk wire in the door also, if they have power trunks. The unit is under 40 bucks.http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...000494/c-10101

Comment

Working...
            X