Seats... for the '84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seats... for the '84

Well, I went and got the seats from the upholstery shop.. Well, at least the back seat and drivers seat... they forgot to resew a seam on the side of the backrest... on the front passenger seat. I don't know how the heck the guy re-installing the cover missed it.... The cleaners did a really good job on cleaning the covers, and they look great!
    I will get some pictures up soon of them....

So tommorow, I will be cutting the dash (Behind the face plate) so the new gauges will fit in the dash. I guess the vehicles ordered with the gauges were cut out in the assembly process...

This will be followed by redying the dash... it has been too humid this week to do it, so i hope the humidity drops some tommorow... (It was so humid today, you could see it! Fog.... all day! ) Then I will be starting on getting the floor ready, killing the rust, and using the rubberized undercoating on the floor, before the new carpet goes in... And some of the aluminumized insulation in the area of the catylitic converters.. Well I am off this weekend.. hope to get alot done on the "project" car.... Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

cool! i cant wait to see pics
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yyes, pix are a must
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Pics...

OK, Here are the pics!!! Ands some other assorted pics, too....

Today, I finnally bought the last piece needed to complete the interior...
        The horn button!!! I know this sounds rediculous.. but I needed the tiny for emblem in the middle.. and they are fricken hard to find!! So here is the pics...

You can see the Ford Emblem is missing....

The new one out of the "donor" car... wrong color, But I am about to take care of that...

After redying the tan horn button, and the new trim wood grain trim piece

Old and new!!!

On to the seats....

Drivers seat.... not more burn hole in lower seat!!!

On to more "other" pics.. of the gauges install....

The cutout I had to do so the gauges would fit in the dash...

Test fitting the gauges....
        Redye of the dash will be tommorow, IF the humidity goes down some... I had to dye the horn button today and then take it inside to dry... something I CAN'T do with the dash!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

looking good!
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Dash...

Got half of the dash dyed today... going to put a final "Finish" coat on tommorow, after I do the other side... so it all matches... here is some pictures...

before the redye....
            So you can see the difference

Later! Tom...

Comment

what product are you using to do that???
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That looks REALLY good. Maybe I should do that on my Vic. Thought I want to go black.

Comment

SEM dye...

The product is SEM dyes.. comes in "rattle" spray cans....

From their website.....

Color Coat
                  Spray Coating for Vinyl Tops, Vinyl Upholstery, Flexible and Rigid Plastics, Leather, Carpet and Velour

What Is It?....Color Coat is a solvent base, elastomeric product formulated for coating all of the substrates listed above.

How Is It Applied?....Color Coat is designed for spray only, and is available in aerosol cans only.

How About Carpets?....Color Coat is formulated to enhance and restore faded carpet color, not to do a drastic color change.

What About Plastics?....Color Coat is formulated to refinish flexible plastics, such as dashes, consoles, kick pads, etc., most semi-rigid and rigid plastics. By FIRST using SAND FREE or FLEXIBLE BONDING CLEAR, adhesion to a clean plastic surface is excellent.

Link to their website...
                  http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm#Re...20Vinyl%20Dyes
                  scroll down to see the color chart... the color I used on my car was the Lt. Slate Blue.. which is a perfect match. They have just about every color for interiors.. but it may be called something different than the factory color name... Take a part from your car, and use the inside or back of the trim piece, where it isn't faded to match it up... Some of my parts were so bad they were white...
                  Also, if you use this product, give it a light coat, and let it dry COMPLETELY... Before you put the second coat on... it seems to "soak in" if you don't, and drys uneven..
                  Tom...

Comment

Very nice work, I can't wait to see it finished, wish I was as adamant at finishing my projects, one at a time I guess.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Restoring....

My last car I HAD to get done in less than a month, (It was going to be my daily driver, also) At least the majority of it. This one I decided to go slow and take my time, so I don't have to go back and redo things later, that I either skipped or forgot... Besides, this car will be a show only car....

Comment

I've used that stuff before and it seems to be an excellent product. It's durability seems to be dependent on how clean the plastic is. Your project is looking great! I bet when you're done you'll be :banana:
                        I may have to grow old but I don\'t have to grow up!

Rides: 2k Mustang GT, 91 Grand Marquis, 93 C1500, 76 Vette (Corvette- not Chevette), 79 Thunderbird Formula F20 (boat)

Comment

Working...
                        X