This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a few good men (or women)

4.6 tech is lacking in experts. We are looking for people who are knowledgable in the area of 4.6. It's time to get this forum jump started. If anyone is seriously interested, let me know through PM.

Jon
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

What exactly are you looking for?
    :worship: Aeros r00l.

Comment

What we need are people familier with the newer cars that have done work on them both mechanical and other mods. Even just familiarity would be great. We need some activity in this forum and some folks that have experience fooling with these cars will help a lot. I think what we're looking for mostly are folks willing to chip in with what they know to try and help give this place a kick in the pants.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I knew a very friend of mine who knows vastly about our Panther cars he's nick is BIG_BLACK_VIC if you want I can contact him to see if he's interested or if he authorised me I give you the E-mail and you talk to him.

ATT, SNIPER 308.A NEW PANTHER SUCESOR HAS ARISE.
        MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

I am familiar with the engine/drivetrain and all the basic maintenance and mods. I'm not sure I would consider myself an expert, but I know my way around the 4.6 and how everything works. I'm always willing to help when I can.

I don't have much dealings with the 92-95 models though, those pre-NPI 4.6's are a pain.
          2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Well, I have maintained a fleet of late model Crown Vics for several years. I can tell you how to do almost anything when it comes to maintenance and repairs. I can tell you how to diagnose a lot of issues. Understanding exactly what people are asking sometimes or the problem they are describing is hard to do though over the net though.

When it comes to modifications, I try to shy away other than telling people how to do something, rather than what the best mods are, because I can't stand the flaming and opinions that always follow and differ greatly. I have done a few mods on my 96, but that's about as far as my experience goes there. I do not do performance mods on taxicabs.
            :worship: Aeros r00l.

Comment

Originally posted by BMFer
              Understanding exactly what people are asking sometimes or the problem they are describing is hard to do though over the net though.
              yeah sometimes that can be half the battle.
              2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

What kind of tech articles? There isn't much to do with an engine that is all-around pretty reliable and expensive to modify...

Comment

Hey you should get a pm
                  President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

I think the problem is that most of us that have the good ol 281 already know a decent amount and have done the mods. We need new people who aren't familar with this engine. Then we can chime in.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

We could post a sticky with specs in it for people to search through...
                      Like MAF sizes, TB sizes, gear ratios, maybe diagnostic codes and things like that, for the different years? I have some pretty big projects coming up and that could mean a lot of tech for this site. This time I am going to try and have a dedicated person taking pics. Trying to wrench by myself and take pics too got pretty annoying.
                      Right now I am trying to fit an 80mm MAF from an '01 GT Mustang onto my airbox. I know I could just get a marauder airbox, but that costs alot. Once I get it together I'll write that stuff up.
                      I actually had some decent write-ups here, I'll have to rewrite them...
                      My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

By all means post em!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah I could use some help, as I have been working my ass off, and can't always be on here.

Comment

Working...
                          X