Anyone care to guess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to guess...

why my radio and clock wouldn't work on the way home from work tonight (says to meself, you've got a blown fuse you have), then after I park and turn the car off I turned the key to pop the trunk and the Radio and clock were working and hadn't been reset?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

What did you do to it? You pissed it off somehow and it's sending you a message.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Bitch should be on her best behaviour considering Im about to put in a pretty nice rebuilt tranny. Does make life interesting.
      Last edited by 91 LTD; 07-15-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Having slept on it Im still puzzled cause if it was the console dimmer why would just radio and clock not light up?

Comment

Sounds like a short to me... I got a 1985 bronco II that does that shit. When im driving down the road or something my radio and fuel hand get shorted out, so i wiggel the blinkers and it pops them back on till i turn it off and back on. the truck that is )
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

This probably won't help in your case but here goes. With my car I've noticed that sometimes while driving the radio and guages sometimes turn off and all I do to fix it is turn the ignition (key in and in run position) very slightly (as to not restart/grind) and everything comes back on.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

hey guys not to alarm anyone but i know that the cougars and t-birds had a problem with the ignition switch getting filings to build from the keys and the swich itself and it tends to short all kinds of stuff out and in my case and a lot of others they tend to catch fire! lukily my dads anal and made me cary an extiguisher in the trunk. i know they recalled this on the cougar not shure on anything else, easy fix is to get a new switch.
              sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

hey guys not to alarm anyone but i know that the cougars and t-birds had a problem with the ignition switch getting filings to build from the keys and the swich itself and it tends to short all kinds of stuff out and in my case and a lot of others they tend to catch fire! lukily my dads anal and made me cary an extiguisher in the trunk. i know they recalled this on the cougar not shure on anything else, easy fix is to get a new switch.
                sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

Working...
                X