2000 P71 Im about to buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 P71 Im about to buy.

Its a 2000 all white P71 complete with... Dual Spot Lights.. Push Bar... New sound system, and a few other things.. I forgot.. it has 90k miles and the guy is asking around 4,900 for it.. im gonna go look at it.. gimmie your opinions but i hope its before i leave cause i might buy this car.

Cool. Make sure you look at that intake to see if it has been updated. Make sure to take pics.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

4900 is alot, my friend just picked up a 03 CVPI with 110k for $5000
      1999 CVPI
      Old Rides
      1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
      1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

I bought it... 4500.. talked him down.. ill take pics later... Holy fuck that thing is fast.

Comment

Well congratulations on the purchase, sorry we could not stop you. :p

Let's see some pics.
          -Michael

Comment

thats kind of alot $, but congrats, hopefully its good to you wheres the pictures?

Comment

I can run the VIN through Ford's OASIS data base. PM it to me . It wil cost you anything.
              '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

ok im gonna add some pics in a min... but ya.. I was out testing this bad boy yesterday, and wow.... Is it supposed to throw you back in ur seat on shift? cause wow man this thing has some balls... I need to fix the intake tho

Oh yea.. and its only 1 spotlight.. but oh well.. dont need idiots in my car getting me arrested.
                Last edited by Sphinx; 07-17-2006, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Get a 99 computer, if you do not get a SCT programmer, it will liven up the 2000 a bit. 2000's programing sucks...but you can get a used EEC for $50.

Comment

thanks.. ill look for one.. also.. is a k&n cold air intake worth the money for this car

16 HP at 5,000 RPMS

Comment

K&N is not worth it. Get a marauder airbox. I wish I would have gotten a 99 computer for my vic, I am regretting it now but I am stuck with it as my tune is locked for my computer.

Comment

did you check to make sure it had the updated intake? i wouldn't have paid that much, especially not if it has the plastic intake that will definitely fail at some point.
                        2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

well i honestly dident know they updated the intake..... its a plastic box... so where do i get a marauder airbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                            well i honestly dident know they updated the intake..... its a plastic box... so where do i get a marauder airbox?
                            The "intake" in question is the actual intake manifold. There is a coolant crossover in the front by the alternator which on yours might be plastic, which will eventually crack/leak/explode. The newer(updated) intake is plastic, but the coolant crossover is aluminum. It's easy to check:
                            pop the hood, look in the front of the intake manifold. If you see an aluminum coolant crossover than you have the updated intake. If it is all black plastic than you have the old one which will fail eventually, like was already said.
                            I believe the updated intakes can be had from Dorman for around $400.
                            Sorry I can't help you more but my intake is all-aluminum.
                            Not sure if you have the PI heads/intake or not. Some of the guys that are a little more familiar with the newer stuff might know.
                            Sounds like a great car, good luck with it.
                            My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

What mercenvy said, it is just the crossover that is updated but since it is part of the intake manifold the whole thing needs replaced. To check if it is updated our not look at the where the thermostat housing bolts to the intake. If where it bolt to is aluminum also it has been updated if not it is still the plastic on and it is a matter of when not if it will break. I am sure there is a pic of the difference here somewhere let me get back to you on that.

The marauder airbox and MAF can be had through adtr.net, the banner at the bottom of the page. Chris is a great guy to deal with, I have many times and will continue too. You can find then sometimes if someone is selling one on the forums.

FYI Mercevny the PI heads started in panthers in 2001.

Comment

Working...
                              X