Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up an Aero...

...Sorta

Its a lot more aerodynamic than my box, 96' Probe GT. Found it not running and offered $750 for it, bolted in a sensor that was hanging from its harness and the car started right up. Just a touch over 100k, good clutch, cruise, good AC, all kinds of nice shit - Im not used to this

Ill get some good pictures tomorrow. I already ripped off that stupid window banner and some other useless junk.

-Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Did it come with a vagina? Just kiddin, it will make a nice beater.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Nice! I want a 5 Speed GT just like that. Those things are cool.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Parts are very expensive for that car. I've seen halfshafts go for over $500 and the starter for near $1000. No b/s here.
        '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

My mom has an '89 GT sitting in the driveway with a bad fuel pump and bad exhaust. It could and should be fixed up, as it is a fairly rare car. I never drove it, but according to my dad, the car is quite fast. Probes are awesome cars, and make great DD's from what I've heard, but they need to be maintained reasonably well, or they'll fall apart. Congrats on the purchase.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Kick ass deal! I've been looking for a good deal on one for a while now. I really need a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyLPita
              Parts are very expensive for that car. I've seen halfshafts go for over $500 and the starter for near $1000. No b/s here.
              You must have been looking at the gold plated ones.
              Rockauto has halfshafts for $125, and starters for $125.
              Nothing really out of the ordinary there. Although, they are a little more maintenance prone, and a real bitch to get at stuff. My mom has a '90, and it's a fun quick little zippy thing. Little old lady getting pulled over for doing 80 in a 60. I wish I coulda seen the officers face. And she gets out of it. I was laughing my ass off when I heard the story.
              1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
              1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
              1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyLPita

whats a halfshaft?

Comment

It's a mazda/ford not too difficult to finds parts/mods. There is a decent sized local probe club around here. ESPOC IIRC...Got a big BBQ coming up soon in Dunkirk, MD
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by DANARCHY
                    whats a halfshaft?

The axles on a front wheel drive car, usually they come complete with inner and outer CV joints.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X