Auto switching vents :drug:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto switching vents :drug:

This is kinda wierd but when I have my AC on and the gas pedal half or more down my car switches for blowing out the vents to blowing out the defrost. I'm assuming it has to do with vacuum but where should I look?

vaccum canister is shot...the coffe can under the hood on the drivers side...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

WOW thats easy, thanks.

Comment

It's prolly that...check the lines to it also...but more than likely it's the canister.

Comment

Or, if you have auto climate control with the thermal blower lockout thing, the vacuum connector there could be leaking. Definite major vac leak on the climate control's vacuum source tho.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

get a plastic one!!!!!!!!!!!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Do the canisters have to be big. I got a smaller reserve one and I wonder if it will work.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

My vacuum can was rusty found a hole in it and plugged it with some wind shield butil rubber stuff. Started the car and watched the can implode.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                  My vacuum can was rusty found a hole in it and plugged it with some wind shield butil rubber stuff. Started the car and watched the can implode.
                  Nice! My coffe can was rusted out too, I replaced it with a nice plastic canister off some newer TC, it fit almost pefectly on the fender.

Comment

Mines pretty rusty. I looked for a plastic one last time I was at the wreckers but I couldn't find one. What years am I looking at? and is it located in the same place? A pic of one would be cool.

Comment

Comment

1990+ I think had the plastic one. Its on the driver's fender with a relay box attached to it. It looks like some sort of electronic thing, but its really not. Look for the ECM relay, and thats the vacuum reservoir.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine does no good in the '89....the vaccum line is melted and in 2 pieces.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Glad I do not have one of those coffee cans....I remember watching one implode on my Uncles 79 ranchero.

Comment

I snagged a plastic one from a 87 mustang. Don't have to worry about rust on that one....and the wagon has a 90 TC one on it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X