Gas fumes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas fumes!!!

My sisters '94 interceptor is wreaking of gas. I checked all the fuel lines and return lines for leaks and there are no leaks what so ever. I also traced the vent line to the charcoal canister and there are no leaks. I also replaced the cap thinking it might solve the problem but it didnt. I dont see anything that would cause the smell but its pretty bad. Any ideas are welcome cause I'm all out.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Benen there leaks are coming. Good chance its the return line on the left side. Just look for the corrosion. Most often near hold down clips on top of the frame or in the back of the front fender well behind the plastic inner liner.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Check out the filler neck seal in the tank. If not that, look over the tank real well for leaks. An extremely strong smell usually starts at or near the tank. Also check the trunk for gas cans.
      :worship: Aeros r00l.

Comment

Fuel pressure regulator vacuum lines? the left and right fuel rail cross connection lines? Overfilled fuel tank-filled carbon canister with gas.
        Fuel injector o-ring, fuel rail itself.....uh...of course the lines, fuel pump o-ring seal at tank? A bad fuel regulator will leak fuel into the vacuum, but should make it rev up. or run like shit.

Comment

+1 on the return line being rotted forward of the front door. Injector O rings are also a definite possible.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

MAKE SURE THE GAS CAP IS TIGHT!
            Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Check the sending unit...I had to replace mine, and I had a hard time finding the clips/connectors to make it work stock. Mine was dripping on top of the rearend housing for months...had to drop the tank...
              Just a thought...
              My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

The fuel smell is more toward the rear of the car, I'm gonna see if maybe the sending unit is leaking gas. But you tend to smell it after the car has been shutoff and sitting after you just drove it. It doesnt smell when it runs.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

injector sticking open? fumes going out valve into exhaust? this would be rare, but noticible on a fuel pressure guage somewhat, nevermind im outta my flippin tree on this one. I suppose you may be able to find the culprit with a lit match? :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X