new here 89 CV police car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here 89 CV police car

sorry no pics of SIC-VIC 5.0 and duel exaust strait pipes the 89 will still give you whiplash we are going to put a new 5.0 (347) stroker with a vortec supercharger and a T5 trans 3'' long tube headers X pipe and flowmaster single chamber muffs 4'' tailpipes for that low sound someone was supposed sell us two newer black spot lights but the guy never called us back 10 bucks a pop DARN ohwell how do i get a pic to upload this is supposed to be a T boned GM
    Last edited by interceptor1985; 07-20-2006, 04:20 PM. Reason: no pic
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and keep us posted.
    '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

Sounds good....Hope you have plenty of spare transmissions....I would strongly recommend a different transmission.

Need to get some pics of the longtubes also...No one here has gotten any to fit.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

actually we might use a T56 kinda like whats in the 2000 cobra R we havent bought the headers yet the verdict is still out as to what were really going to use for headers if we could make long tubes fit that would be great if not than its shorty equal length we want to get the strongest stuff for the tranny and the rest of the drivetrain.the manual swap will be the first tranny swap we have tried. the body is going to be de chromed and EVERY thing is going to be PPG black satin with tinted windows.for wheels we want 20''x10 in back and 19''x8 in front if they can fit that is.the seats are going to be 93 ford probe gt buckets and we want to make a rollbar for the car too .I think i'll just put together a parts list so everyone can see what the proposed mods are

Comment

Oh man, sounds like quite a project!

Keep us posted!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

1989 crown victoria police intercepter (Vicky a.k.a. spruce goose) #1 347 four bolt main DSS long block the insides are a secret #2 strongest T56 we can get / a sequential shifter (no messed up shifts) #3 Vortec supercharger #4 edelbrock torquer efi manifold #5 3 core rad. #6 aluminum drive shaft #7 19''x7.5 wheels in front and 20X the widest that will fit #8 i am also going to drop the front 2 or 3 inches and the back 1 inch less than whatever i decide to do in front . 3'' flowmaster 1 chambers x pipe and 4'' tailpipes . trac loc with carbon clutch not sure what gears we are going to use its going to be quick and more on the fast side and handle better in the twisties. oh and tinted windows. anyone know where we can get two newer spotlights in black? "A project car is never finished"

Comment

Very cool..

Equal length shorties will fit with a little work. I had to grind the on motor mount bolt on the passenger side and adjust the steering column to clear them on the drivers side.

20x10 should fit fine in the back with the proper offset/backspacing. Same for the front with the 8" wide ones. Should do up the suspension and brakes to newer specs...along with the steering box for what you are planning. Check out the suspension forum sticky for info...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yes - disc rear and big front barkes are a must!

sounds like a wicked project... cant wait to see pics.

to get pics on here, you need to 'host' them on a site like cardomain.com or supermotors.org - then you can right click on the picture to get the URL of the picture, then use the 'image' button outside the 'post reply' widow here to paste the URL into.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

it allready has 11'' roter in front can we upgrade the calipers with mustang brembo's and same with the rear disk brakes when we get them ?

Comment

Welcome... and you need to use some punctuation... (periods at the end of sentences?? Makes it easier to read your posts!!!)

Hope to see some pictures of the beast soon! Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

the Grandmarqee

ooop's forgot I am working on getting some pics the 89 GM is my grandmothers car GREAT side crash protection a grand am t boned her as it was coming out of a driveway STOP SIGNAL LOOK BOTH WAY'S THAN IF CLEAR MAKE YOUR TURN. I think that guy needed driving classes or something. I was not there but I saw the damage and there was NOTHING left of that grand am MY cuz and I had to fix the GM, two months later the brakes went out just before a 10 more like 5 MPH turn:hairraise: it took out 200 ft of barbed wire fence cought air from a ditch and jumped over a two lane road took out a street sighn than hit the rear with a utility pole flatend the left rear tire. but y.all know what it limped its way back home no flat bed ! built FORD TOUGH:headbang3:

Comment

You can upgrade to 98-02 front brakes, which are a bit over 12" with a dual piston caliper. I think these are avaliable cross drilled and stuff. I also want to say there is some aftermarket 4 or 6 piston caliper that fits those late model spindles, but I don't know the specifics on that. I think DeuceandaHalf was looking at that setup, so he may have more info. Feel free to post a thread in the suspension forum about it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:cops: :cops: :cops: :cops: :cops:
                            welcome to to the site I hope you have fun here and meet new people

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome, sounds like a cool setup, you should hook with those meats. I'd box the control arms if you like taking hard corners with the new wheels.
                              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X