2006 ATL area meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 ATL area meet

Hello all I am carrying this over from another forum I am on as I got a request that some of you on here may be interested. Here is the info as it is now.

Ok time to finalize this thing. Got off the phone with ATL dragway. Here are some options. If we did a Private session (do not recommend) it is $1500 for up to 5 cars and then it would cost more for more cars. What I recommend is that we meet at Buford Dam do the meet/greet/eat around 3:00-5:00 Then we head up to commerce around 5:30 so that we can get there around 6:00 (which is when they start their Fast Fridays) We can reserve parking in their lot so we can all stay together and if you would like to run your car it is $20. Nov 3rd is the last day for the Fast Fridays which is when I would like to do this thing. Anyhow here is my plan

Nov 3rd

3:00 Meet at Buford Dam for the Meet/greet/cook out
    5:00 load up and get ready to head to Commerce
    6:00 Meet at comerce and get ready for some racin
    6:00-11:00 run at the Strip.

As for food at the dam, Everyone brings chips and one side. Then everyone throws in a couple bucks @$5 to the person who brings the meats, Was thinking Hambergers, Hotdogs, Brats

What do you guys think? Lets get this thing finalized and get the ball rollin. I think it would be fun. If you are for sure going to go PM me. If you are not sure just let me know so I can get a ballpark figure of how many rides are going to be there.

Ok here is the latest info I am currently tyring to get in contact with the leader of the Super Heavyweight shoot out to see if we can join them. By the looks of it by the website we can but I want to know costs and so on so that is what I am tyring to find out for us. Anyway by the looks of it you may join via there website see below. Ok I just checked and if we want to join them it is $65 a car on Sat. Or we can use friday nights last fast friday and spend $20 car to use the track. I now leave all of this up to you guys to decide what you want to do and what day. I personally would rather do it on Fri as this will be cheaper but I know that most of you would have to call of work to participate so we may meet at the strip on Fri and have a cookout on Sat @buford what do you guys think of that.

Anyhow here is the link to the registration page.

http://www.sshs6.com/registration.html

The strip is supposed to get back with me if they will work on pricing for us as I have informed them that we should have a 10-20 car turn out. (which I hope we could) So come on people let us finish this thing and make it a must do event!!!! All is left up to you now for the final decision. Does someone want to start a poll for a vote on what day?? I just want this to be a decent event.

So there is all the info as of now. By the looks of it it will be on Fri Nov 3rd and would like some ideas if we want to go to the strip on fri and do the cook out on Sat at buford. Let me know what you think.
    93 Town Car Cartier 150k mi
    01 CVPI, (Count Blackula)155k mi

SSHS 6??
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
      SSHS 6??

Stands for

Southern Super Heavy Shootout.

quote from there web page

The Southern Super Heavy Shootout is held at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, GA, and this year will be held on Saturday, November 4th, 2006. The event is a premier drag racing and car show event for any American muscle car weighing in at over 4000 lbs. Most attendees are Chevy B-Bodies (Impala SS, Caprice Sedan/Wagon), but we have been getting a great turnout in the Ford crowd with Mark VII’s, Mark VIII’s, and Marauders. The competition is strong, but it is all friendly which makes SSHS a great family event.

Comment

Here is the agenda now

Fri Nov.3rd

6:00pm: meet at ATL dragway for fast fridays test and tune.

Sat Nov. 4th

1:00pm Meet at buford dam for meet/greet/eat

everyone who wants to attend will need to PM me so that I may organize what foods, drinks, and how much will need to be brought and who will bring what. As of now everyone should bring chips and one side item. (the exact location at buford dam will be determined at a later date and will be posted in plenty of time before the meet.

COME ON ALL!!!

Comment

Oh yeah mang, I knew about SSHS...

It's jsut that they say every year is gonna be the last, it's sounding more like tradition now
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm in,like I said elsewhere as long as I am still in the are I'll be there.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

I'll plan to be there. Let me see about vacation from work. Count me in for now.

Comment

I'll update you in the next couple of weeks. I may be starting a new job and if I am, I may be working that weekend and I wouldn't feel right taking off work so soon. If I don't start at the plant or I'm off that weekend, I'm gonna fight like Hell to make it.

...and I'd REALLY want to be at the SSHS (I'd need a full tank of gas to qualify). Would that be a huge problem?
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                  I'll update you in the next couple of weeks. I may be starting a new job and if I am, I may be working that weekend and I wouldn't feel right taking off work so soon. If I don't start at the plant or I'm off that weekend, I'm gonna fight like Hell to make it.

...and I'd REALLY want to be at the SSHS (I'd need a full tank of gas to qualify). Would that be a huge problem?
                  I don't think that it would be a huge problem except that the ATL meet would be going to the strip on Fri night (the night before SSHS) and then meet at the park on Sat afternoon to have the meet/greet/cook out.

People who are comming out of state could look into camping at buford on Fri night so that they do not miss anything the next day.

Comment

Jumbo and I will keep you posted. If I can make it we'll either ride together or tag team out there.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Ok all I have got a proposition for you. I have talked with Norm who is the main person involved with the SSHS6 this year at Commerce. He said that if we want to join him that is no problem. He also stated that if we can get 10 or more people to go then he would tape off an area of the parking lot so that we could all park together. Here is some info on this.

The meet would happen on Sat Nov. 4th at the ATL dragway in commerce. As it stands now they have already gotten 180 vehicles showing up as of now and 80-100 of them are already Ford product i.e. Lincoln Mark VI, VII's, and VIII's as well as CV,GM,TC and others. alot of these people are coming up from FL, and IN. eveyone is beginning to meet the Fri before at the Hampton Inn off of Exit 149 of I85 and then they will be spending the night there and then heading to the dragway around 8:00am the next morning so that you can get through the tech inspection by 9:30. Then the fun begins as there will be bracket racing with trophies as well as two lanes of just T&T or fun runs that will last all day or at least until 5:00pm. To give you an idea if we did the T&T on Fri and spent the $20 we would only get about 4 to 5 runs in. If we join there setup they will be running all 8 lanes and have 2 dedicated to fun runs while the compotitions are going on and he said it is not unheard of for them to get in access of 20 runs in on that day. However it does cost $65 which will get you, your car, and a guest in (kids 12 and under are free). Your vehicle must weigh in at 4000Lbs or more with you in it to be able to compete. So I say instead of meeting at the Dam how about we meet at the strip on that Sat? we will be able to bring grills and cook out while we are there. I am voting for this now as it would be the most fun I think. We could also meet at the hotel the night before for a preliminary meet. If you are interested and want to go PM me as well as you will need to register on there website which is linked below.

http://www.sshs6.com/index.html

You will need to click on the registration tab to register. The fees are paid via Paypal.

I am considering everything as finalized now and here is how it stands.

Fri Nov. 3rd : Optional pre meet after 6:00pm at the Hampton Inn off of exit 149 on I85.

Sat Nov. 4th : 8:00am meet at dragway and begin havin fun
                      12:00-1:00 cookout break
                      1:00-5:00 have more fun.

I can't wait to see everyone there.

COME ON ALL LETS MAKE THIS AN EVENT WE WILL NOT FORGET!!!!!

Comment

I'm][ this close to getting registered and just figuring out a way to work things out if I get the new job. I should be hearing back from them very soon, though. Trying to be patient.

Comment

I shall turn in my vacation request tonight when I get to work.

As soon as I hear that those dates are available, I'll probably make reservations at that Hampton Inn, also.

Comment

From what I hear if you need/want to make reservations at the Hampton Inn you may want to do it soon as it is supposed to fill up. BTW if you want the discounted rate make sure you mention the "Impala Club" when making your reservations. If the Hampton Inn is full then The overflow hotel will be the Ramada Inn, which is directly across the Interstate from the host hotel on Eisenhower Dr. Both hotels will fill up fast, so please book your rooms early.

The dates have been set in stone now. and here they are as I am reposting them from above.

Fri Nov. 3rd : Optional pre meet after 6:00pm at the Hampton Inn off of exit 149 on I85.

Sat Nov. 4th : 8:00am meet at dragway and begin havin fun
                            12:00-1:00 cookout break
                            1:00-5:00 have more fun.

Comment

I turned in my vacation request last night, so that should be secured. If not, I should know by the end of the week.

I plan to get a room at the Hampton (will probably book it early next week), so we can have little meet and greet in my room if y'all want - it'll get us out of the weather. Anyway, if there's anything I need to do to help, let me know. I don't mind helping out. Hopefully a few of us will be able to convoy out together. I'll end up making Freshmeat go, and maybe we can convice Blazingmarauder to make it as well (assuming he has a freakin' panther by then).

Comment

Working...
                              X