Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Liner Sag - Quick and Easy Fix

Guys,

Like many others - my headliner had given way and was sagging. But was not ripped.

I decided to add a couple of metal 'hoops' to hold it up. I like to think they resemble what a fancy horse drawn buggy might look like inside with a fold down cover.

Total cost was peanuts (less than $10). I used 3x12mm (1/8"x1/2" in the old language) aluminum from the hardware store. Looks really good.

Those three ugly things in front of one of the hoops is my 1st rushed attempt to get the headliner off the back seat! I drilled into what I thought was a horizontal metal support of some sort and added those ugly plastic Xmas Tree tops. Found out later to my horror - I had drilled into the tube that holds the rotating thing that opens/closes the sun roof! Ouch. Trimmed the screws down to about 1 thread and all good ... but ugly.

Rob the Aussie
    Attached Files
    Rob the Aussie
    Photos
    Founding (and only) member of the CLIPPer Club.
    (Continuous Lincoln ImProvement Program).

Car: '86 Lincoln Town Car
    Engine: 302 Windsor

Rob, get rid of those screws and add couple more aluminum braces - it'll look good, and it'll be stronger. Also you can paint the braces black, as to match the window frames on the doors.

Comment

Working...
    X