Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to make my rear seat have a center arm rest anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to make my rear seat have a center arm rest anyone...

have an idea on how to do that
    I saw it in a lincoln and i wanted it to go in my car but you guys said that it wont fit right so i m gunna make my seat have one
    anyone take a part a lincoln seat to see how that hinge for the armrest is built, I m also gunna put cup holders in
    aright any help would be apercaited
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

The armrest frames bolt into the rear seat frame, at least my townys does. I'd make a slit in the cloth where you want it to go and cut out teh foam, then staple it back in the new opening. Fuck I dunno really, ryan should know better, he does upholstry.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

You need to visit a junkyard and pull a rear seat from a car that has the armrest built-in.

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
      302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
      '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
      '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

Did the wagons ever come with armrests in the back seat? I've never seen one. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I've never seen a wagon with an armrest in the back seat.

I would send a PM to Wagonman. He's dissected enough boxes to have seen one at one point, assuming they do exist.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I don't know neether so i'd saw take apart yours and take a look and if there is a spot to bolt one in then just take the part from a sedan or if the whole thing is like the sedan piece just with a hard cover for the back then take the whole thing ???????
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

There is a metal plate inside the seat back that the armrest bolts to. You can remove the armrest from a Lincoln easy enough but getting it to mount securely in your seat back, and making the proper recessed cutout is going to be the fun part.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would send a PM to Wagonman. He's dissected enough boxes to have seen one at one point, assuming they do exist.
              Wagonman (Pete) is a good source for parts. He helped me find a blue dashboard cover without cracks in it and a few other things.

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
              302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
              '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
              '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

anyone have a rear seat willing to take the mounting piece off including the arm rest
                another question how does it stay up on its own
                sigpic
                1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Thanks for the nice remarks, (Paul229 and AOD). I already have done what 83CS wants to do. I have a fold down armrest in my 90 Grand Marquis wagon. Just take the armrest frame out of a sedan rear seat and cut it down to fit the station wagon seat frame. Then cut the fabric and tuck it in around the armrest and
                  rehog ring everything. The armrest stays up from just from being a tight fit in the hole. WagonMan
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

how do i rehog ring it
                    sigpic

Comment

You have to cut the old hog rings to remove the material off the frames. BUY new hog rings and hog ring pliers from any GOOD auto parts store. Re hog ring the material to the frame pulling the material tight removing wrinkles.
                      89 Colony Park
                      90 Colony Park
                      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

He really is the WagonMan Good info!
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                        X