Replacing brake lines......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing brake lines......

Hey I was wondering if any one had to change their metal brake lines that run along the driver side and how much of a job am I getting into..I mean every time I hit the pedal(brakes) :cuss: it sprays fluid out on the driver side under the rear passenger door.
    \"There\'s no replacement for displacement\"

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis
    4.6 liter v8--only option
    Electric fan, Bosche Platinum Plugs, MSD Coil Packs,
    Cold air induction(cone filter) and Single 3-inch exhaust cat-back system with DynoMax muffler.

DONT drive your car, go to an auto parts store buy as much line you need get a tubing bender and a flaring tool. just follow the old lines and use the same attachment points
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

dude, that sux!

is this on your 92. the car in your avatar is not a 92. just curious.

not a tough job. just be sure to do it asap!!!!!!! it is tough to stop a 4k lb car without brakes.

2000 HPP Mods
      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

you got me....

Originally posted by BigJon
        dude, that sux!

is this on your 92. the car in your avatar is not a 92. just curious.

not a tough job. just be sure to do it asap!!!!!!! it is tough to stop a 4k lb car without brakes.
        yeah the problems on my 92.....and for the avatar my 92 is the same color but, no thats not a 92 its a 00 good eyes lol..
        \"There\'s no replacement for displacement\"

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis
        4.6 liter v8--only option
        Electric fan, Bosche Platinum Plugs, MSD Coil Packs,
        Cold air induction(cone filter) and Single 3-inch exhaust cat-back system with DynoMax muffler.

Comment

I also picked up on the avatar/MY thing....
          If you're not into bending/flaring up your own brake lines, you might still be able to buy some pre-fab ones, either from a parts store or stealer(if you have to), but for the love of tits, PLEASE replace them. Fluid suirting out like that is a serious hazard, at LEAST change out the one that is leaking!
          Good Luck
          1993 GM LS 244K
          29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
          All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
          X