Turn signal switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal switches?

Last night my pocket on my shorts caught the turn signal lever as I got in and this time it finaly broke instead of the lever just bending. I called some local yards and one has one but the car doesnt have ditch lights. He said the harnesses would fit, but I would think that the switch is the same for all cars, but the wiring harness on the non lighted cars just doesnt have a wire sent to the pin for cornering lights. What do you guys think?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

I think u should buy a new switch... they're only 30 or so dollars and the junkyard will charge you close to that... plus it may break on you soon!

I think the switches are the same anyway, I looked them up recently and didnt see any different listings for those kind of options.
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea they should be the same.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
        I think u should buy a new switch... they're only 30 or so dollars and the junkyard will charge you close to that... plus it may break on you soon!
        The stealerships are asking $71 for a new one . The local yards will only sell me a complete steering column for $85 :bs: . Does anyone have a spare one off a parts car or something? I sort of need one cause I dont think hand signals are a good idea around here.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
        X