cheap drop coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap drop coils?

I was searching for drop coils and I need them now cause the new bullitts look small on the stock ride hieght. I came across these, they are on sale but the spring rate is alot higher than 925's. So I'm thinking here of cutting 1 coil off of them so it drops the car. I dont really care if the ride is really rough as long as it handles really well. They are only $10 a piece so I think I could probably use them.

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/springs8.htm

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

these are what jonnie found

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=10430
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'm running the 1000lb'ers and my car looks like this:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...4&d=1153019728

You might want to go to a larger tire size, like 255/50 instead of the 245/45, so it's closer to the stock tire diameter. If you drop it too much lower than what I have, you will start messing with the suspension geometry a bit. Might just get some lower rate springs and trim them to the hieght you want.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

What tire size do you run? I was thinking about keeping the 245/45's in the front and upping the rear tires to 255/55's or so to compensate in the rear. I'm thinking the ones that jonnie has are probably right up my alley. Right now I have close to 3in of space from the tire to the fender, it looks pretty goofy, but I love the bullitts. I suppose I could also try the old 50's and 60's trick of heating up the coils with an acetelene torch till they drop too lol.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
          What tire size do you run? I was thinking about keeping the 245/45's in the front and upping the rear tires to 255/55's or so to compensate in the rear. I'm thinking the ones that jonnie has are probably right up my alley. Right now I have close to 3in of space from the tire to the fender, it looks pretty goofy, but I love the bullitts. I suppose I could also try the old 50's and 60's trick of heating up the coils with an acetelene torch till they drop too lol.
          That is wrong and dangerous. If you are going to use your stock coils remove them and cut a coil off, with a cut off wheel, hacksaw, saw-zall, something not a torch.

if you cut 1300# springs you will end up with 1400-1500# springs.
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I'm just gonna cut em, I know heating em up would be very very bad, I was just kiddin. So how many coils should I take out? 1 or 2?

Comment

Start with less....you can always cut more out...tough to add. 1 coil will drop it a good bit.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

1 coil dropped it about 1 3/4" It looks perfect.

Comment

How about some pics....

Comment

:stupid:
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

No camera till monday

Comment

Homo.
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Does anyone know how much would shipping be for a pair of those springs?

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                            Homo.
                            :lol: That caught me off gaurd or something lol.
                            Resident diesel addict

Comment

Kidding. Sorta. You have fourteen hours, thirteen minutes, and a few seconds to post some pictures or you're going to burn in Hell for all eternity.

Comment

Working...
                              X