Tire Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Pressure

anyone equalize( w/ one of those coiled hose things) their tire pressure?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

I haven't
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Seems like its pretty important to racer types. Considering how important tire pressure is to mpg Im gonna do it once my car is running again. Who knows could affect alot of things, handling, tire wear, etc.

Comment

I set all 4 of mine at 30lbs. Only cause I do a lot of highway driving.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

What's it say to pump em to? Cause if its 35 Id fill em back up, FAST. Here's why: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=1

I roll +5 psi all around.

Comment

i set allmine to the max pressure on the sidewall.........running 44lbs in the lss

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
              i set allmine to the max pressure on the sidewall.........running 44lbs in the lss
              WORD.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
                Seems like its pretty important to racer types. Considering how important tire pressure is to mpg Im gonna do it once my car is running again. Who knows could affect alot of things, handling, tire wear, etc.
                Most racers I've seen use a pyrometer and a pressure gauge to set pressures.

An inexpensive way to get in the ballpark for the correct tire pressure (if you don't bother with the manufacturers recomendation) is to put a chalk mark across the tread and drive it a few feet and see where the chalk is worn off. Outer edges worn off, need more pressure. Center of the tread worn off, too much pressure.

Or just pay attenttion to how the tire is wearing and adjust accordingly.

I've never run a tire at the max pressure. Always works better for me closers to the manufacturers recommendation.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                X