Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

Got my upper control arms done. Poly bushing install....the arms with the shaft going through the middle, with burned-out bushings reusing the old shells. I'm itching to get the uppers/lowers installed...I'm chomping at the bit over here. Looking at the current arms, they are pitiful at best. I can't believe they even still work. I'm hoping these bushings will get rid of that crappy noise/suspension response I've had as of late.
    Of course I will try to take pics and write it up.
    Does anyone know offhand-the part #s for the lower control arm/frame bolts/nuts for a 92-95 civilian CV/GM?
    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

I've been wanting to get around to machining some upper and lowwers for are cars. Time is not my friend!

I have, however, took traced out thin strips of steel and welded them to the open side of the control arms, completly boxing them in. As for the el'crapo bushings, sounds like you have got that one figured out!

Show pics!
    Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Originally posted by 95crwnvic54
      I've been wanting to get around to machining some upper and lowwers for are cars. Time is not my friend!

I have, however, took traced out thin strips of steel and welded them to the open side of the control arms, completly boxing them in. As for the el'crapo bushings, sounds like you have got that one figured out!

Show pics!
      Where did you weld again? I'm talking about uppers(fronts)....so you made a one-piece control arm to control flex? Well good idea.
      I have both uppers and lowers(fronts) with polys ready to go. And a big front bar with poly bushings also. Already did springs but will do shocks also. I'm getting a woody just thinking about how much better this thing's going to be...
      Also it seems you have done a bunch, and I may PM you from time to time to beg some of your advice if that's OK. I've seen the car and I really like it. I am thinking of a manual swap but am unsure of which tranny.
      My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Originally posted by 95crwnvic54

Show pics!
        Dont box the upper rears and leave factory bushings in them. Bok the lowers and use a factory bushing in the front and a hard bushing in the rear. The arms work against each other to keep the rear axle in line. If you take all the flex out you will have issues.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
        X