Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i was just wondering if anyone has SLP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was just wondering if anyone has SLP...

My friend has it on his mustang (96 GT) and it sounds sick but he only has two cats and long tubes headers just wondering if you guys have SLP exhuast yes there are sick i was gunna try on my 5.0 but i dont think theyed sound right
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 07-30-2006, 10:18 PM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

A buddy of mine has the SLP loudmouth cat-back on his '03 Cobra and yes, it does sound sick. I know that it helped his HP/TQ numbers, too. So while I never had it in one of my cars(yet), I am definitely a fan and think they sound and work very well.
    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

They are incredably loud!! But I love em..Almost got em but they only had 1 in stock. If you hear a car with an Off road H, you'll know what I mean by loud. There is no packing or any baffles in those mufflers. On a 5.0 with headers and no cats they would sound sick!!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

It would sound similar to this, but you need a cam to get that nice lopey idle sound. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...853&q=stangman

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

I believe that the SLP mufflers are similar to glasspacks and would sound quite good on these cars. I've heard them on 4.6 and 5.0 Stangs and they sound great on both.

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 1/4 mile - 15.8 sec. @ 87 mph
          -Marauder Intake and 80mm MAF, XCal 93 Octane Tune (BOC) with Motorcraft 22F Copper Plugs, Hi Flow Cats, Glasspacks with Short Exits Rear of the Tires, FRPP 70mm TB, Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear, PI Shocks

Comment

Kid I know has an SLP exhaust on his Trans Am, Very loud and rumbly.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

Originally posted by RedThunder8
              I believe that the SLP mufflers are similar to glasspacks and would sound quite good on these cars. I've heard them on 4.6 and 5.0 Stangs and they sound great on both.

I've seen a cut away of them...they have no packing, its just like a funky chamber.

Comment

My VCR has an SLP mode. The Beta has BIII mode.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol:
                  Resident diesel addict

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                    It would sound similar to this, but you need a cam to get that nice lopey idle sound. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...853&q=stangman
                    Damn if my 4.6 4v could sound like that... I'm gonna try H pipe as next mod. Magnaflows give you a somewhat general V8 sound. When you hear it next to or after flowmasters it seems hollow or missing something. SLP or X pipe on mustangs in general usualy sound badass.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Working...
                    X